PDA

View Full Version : Brown Falcon

PhilCook
12-23-2012, 03:27 PM
From one of my little trips into the wilds of inland Oz, Brown Falcons can often be seen early morning, more often than not perching on the country barb wire fences....or racing away as this one was at the time :w3

Angle is not quite perfect I guess, but I like it anyway

Canon 7D + 500 f4 .......f5.6, 1/2000, ISO 400, +0.7 EV, no flash, hand held on the move, cropped, selective sharpen, noise reduction

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1718"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Henry Domke
12-23-2012, 04:36 PM
Angle is not quite perfect I guess, but I like it anyway
I like it too!
But I think you are right. I'm still a newbie to this site, but I suspect the HAP (head angle police) would criticize this because the bird is not looking at you. To make it worse the bird is flying away from the viewer.

Arthur Morris
12-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Yes, angling away is less than ideal. Sharp with a decent wing position. But lacking any pop. I ran one of my NIK Color Efex Pro recipes: 50% Tonal Contrast and 50% Detail Extractor (on the bird only). Then sharpened face with a contrast mask and lightened it.

gail bisson
12-23-2012, 06:36 PM
Artie's repost certainly improves the shot.
I don't mind a shot with the bird slightly past you if the head is looking back towards you. Or the bird was just to your left and less than ideal HA. Unfortunately, the bird is past you and not looking your way so their is no real connection to the bird for the viewer.
Having said this, any day you get a raptor is a good day!!
Gail

PhilCook
12-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Thanks Artie, my editing skills are a bit poor, you've made this a heck of a lot better, all the best

Nick Palmieri
12-23-2012, 09:33 PM
Too bad he's flying away but nice capture anyway. Re-post looks better. TFS

Satish Ranadive
12-24-2012, 12:28 AM
Phil:
Beautiful flight pose captured.I like the Arthur Sir's re post showing great details.
Love the wing position,colors and composition.

Regards,
Satish.

Stu Bowie
12-24-2012, 09:38 AM
Hi Phil, good flying pose with the raised wings, and overall nice and sharp. Well done for getting this fast flyer in the frame. I like what Artie has done with his repost.

Arthur Morris
12-24-2012, 11:54 AM
Thanks Artie, my editing skills are a bit poor, you've made this a heck of a lot better, all the best

You are most welcome. It's all in Digital Basics (https://store.birdsasart.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=252).

Is their X-mas Down Under???

Karl Egressy
12-24-2012, 04:57 PM
I Like the original but the repost by Artie is a big improvement. Love the repost. One day I shall invest some money into buying NIK that works so well for Artie.