PDA

View Full Version : Mad As A Wet Hen

Bill McCrystyn
04-26-2008, 05:59 PM
20D 100-400L IS @ ISO400 F/11 1/400

Lying prone in the grass a small flock grazed a few feet away. As I swithched to verticle frame this one seemed to take notice and after the 3rd or 4th thunk, thunk charged me. I couldn't believe it, he nailed my lens hood and as I was getting up to run for it he got me on the back of my hand. These guys are BIG close up and personal.

Hey Al - Five bucks says my Goose can kick your Vulture. :D

Julie Kenward
04-26-2008, 07:22 PM
Wow! Does he look M-A-D! I've never had them charge me unless they had new babies with them so maybe you got close to a nest without realizing it. Love the background on this one...the way the grass just billows up and out of the frame. Very cool. Love the tight focus and the sharp FG. Sweet!

Bill McCrystyn
04-26-2008, 10:55 PM
Thanks Julie, it was a new one for me. First time I had been laying down near them, maybe that was it, I don't know. I don't know how this works for the HAP but it's as close as I'm getting! I think this one works out at the gym, his neck was really pumped. :)

Fabs Forns
04-28-2008, 10:02 PM
I'll have to talk to that vulture :) :) :)

Alfred Forns
04-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Hi Bill I think your bet is safe with that bruiser !!!!! What in the world did you do to that bird !!! Does have a peculiar look before charging !!!! :):):)