PDA

View Full Version : Snowy Egrets Flying

Henry Domke
12-19-2012, 01:18 PM
This picture was from Sanibel Island a couple weeks ago. I was standing on the observation tower at Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge when these birds flew past me.

Canon 5D3
Canon 70-200/2.8 II lens
Aperture f/11
ISO 1600
Shutter Speed 1/800
Manual Exposure
Hand Held

Processed in Lightroom 4 then compositing work was done in Photoshop CS6.

Comments and suggestions welcome!

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1719"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

PhilCook
12-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Talk about being in the right place at the right time, amazing shot I think and quite different than what we normally see.

Liking very much the formation and no chopped off birds in the frame, some birds are a bit hot in the whites, difficult lighting conditions, and it's no biggie for me in this image. Liking also the water texture and clarity which aids in making the birds stand out well.

Observation tower....now that sounds like a great addition to a wildlife refuge

Alan Lillich
12-19-2012, 06:54 PM
I really like the varied wing positions, every position in one frame. Did you consider cloning out the lower right overlapping birds? Then you would only have one pair that touched. If you did, maybe then also crop out the trailing bird on the right.

John Cooper
12-19-2012, 08:12 PM
That was a great opportunity presented to you Henry and you made the most of it. Love the formation displayed here.

I was going to suggest you clone out the head entering the right edge of the frame then realized it was my cursor :e3

Satish Ranadive
12-20-2012, 06:01 AM
Excellent image.Love the way birds pops up against beautiful blues.Very nice composition,nice lights and formation of egrets.

Regards,
Satish.