PDA

View Full Version : Jumping Mountain Lion (Cougar) panorama

Brian Wong
04-26-2008, 04:13 PM
EOS 20D, 70-200/2.8 @135mm
1/1600, f/6.3, ISO 800, manual exposure

Jumping Mountain Lion (Cougar) panorama.

Adding to the wildlife panorama theme. Photographed last year in MN. 3 frame, stitched panorama, using manual layers (maybe more of a composite). Had some back/side light, but hoping the rimlight looks pleasant, and maybe add dynamics to the splashing water?

Thank you for looking, and your suggestions are appreciated.

David Kennedy
04-26-2008, 11:06 PM
Brian,
The action in this image is very powerful. It is probably more of a composite than a "stitched image" in its "purest" sense. The rim lighting is ok, but I think that the dark nature of the background, combined with the lack of detail in the body of the mountain lion, leaves something to be desired. It would also be nice to have some more space on the right for the cougar to keep running.

Simon Bennett
04-27-2008, 02:37 AM
Great idea to merge the three images - and a most impressive result - I like it.

Bob Ettinger
04-27-2008, 08:04 AM
Clever idea but as David pointed out the dark BG and the backlight don't allow the animal to stand out as much as it could.

Robert Amoruso
04-28-2008, 07:31 AM
Brian,

Good reflexes capturing this image and especially at a good point of action with them all leaping but I have to agree that they get kind of shallowed-up with the dark BG. You might try selecting them and doing a curves adjustment or shadow/highlight adjustment to get better separation.

Ryan Marshik
05-18-2008, 11:21 PM
Wonderful composite!
Where in Minnesota?