PDA

View Full Version : Downy Woodpecker

Joe Senzatimore
12-17-2012, 06:28 PM
From last weekend with Gail and Grace. Good day , great company.

800ISO F6.3 at 1/1250th
Cropped for Comp.

A Side Note: If the advertising banner appears within this post , please note that it is there without my consent. I , in no way , choose to endorse any vendors. I have requested that this does not appear, but have been un-successful in my attempts to clear this matter up.

gail bisson
12-17-2012, 07:22 PM
Hi Joe,
I might go a bit brighter here or bump up the exposure a bit. The whites look good.
Lovely BG and great POV and IQ.
Gail

dankearl
12-17-2012, 08:00 PM
I think a looser crop if you have it would be nice. More room below especially.
Exposure looks fine to me.

Marina Scarr
12-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Blacks and whites both look good here, Joe, but I would give it a little bit more room all around. WP appears a tad cramped. Sharp as a tack with terrific details!

Grace Scalzo
12-17-2012, 08:51 PM
Super pose, Joe, love the good view of the feet. Agree that a bit more room is an option.

Karl Egressy
12-17-2012, 09:28 PM
Nice pose,excellent details and sharpness, Joe. The strongest part of this shot is the beautiful background. The only thing I'm not so pleased with is the texture of the tree, but it is beyond your control.

Satish Ranadive
12-17-2012, 11:55 PM
Excellent image with very nice details in whites and blacks.Love the pose and nice BG. Agree about little bit of more lights.

Regards,
Satish.

John Cooper
12-18-2012, 01:24 AM
Although a fairly tight composition I like this close-up study of the woodpecker Joe and your control of exposure for this black & white plumage.
The subject is portrayed well against that great BG.

David Salem
12-18-2012, 03:21 AM
Looks nice over here. Exposed well and lots of detail in both the blacks and whites. Great pose and cool BG. Well done.

Joe Senzatimore
12-18-2012, 07:47 AM
Hi Joe,
I might go a bit brighter here or bump up the exposure a bit. The whites look good.
Lovely BG and great POV and IQ.
Gail

Thanks Gail,
I tend to like my stuff just a bit on the dark side. Just my taste , but I do see where you could feel it should be lighter.

Joe Senzatimore
12-18-2012, 07:48 AM
Thanks all for your kind words. I cropped it this way as I felt more room only hurt the image. I'll repost with less of a crop to see how all feel about it.

Shawn Zierman
12-19-2012, 06:24 AM
A very rich exposure. I enjoy the close-up view, but can easily see a looser composition
working well also. The foot/claw detail is nice. If anything, I wish that you had been
slightly to your right, or the bird had come slightly around the perch to it's left, for a
cleaner side profile...Great catchlight.