PDA

View Full Version : heron

stuart wanuck
12-17-2012, 09:42 AM
nikin d 4 iso 800
m 1/1250 @ 6
70-200 mm with 1.4x
crop or not ???

<iframe width="468" scrolling="no" height="60" frameborder="0" style="border:none;" border="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=2632" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0"><p>Your browser does not support iFrame.</p></iframe>

Bill Dix
12-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Great landing action, and I love the Cormorant's reaction. I'd keep him in. On my screen, at this image size, it looks as if the head is a little soft. I don't know if it would show better at 1024, or if a little usm would help.

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
12-17-2012, 10:37 AM
For me the cormorant is too small here, if you have it bigger in frame I would include it. Here the perch, the landing action with hint of cloud in the background is already good enough to make the heron by itself looks very interesting.

Dennis Zaebst
12-17-2012, 12:19 PM
It looks sharp to me Stuart. Perhaps the heron has more detail than is apparent at this size? I love the feather details and texture of the herons wing. I like the reaction of the cormorant too. Great action and good lighting. I might crop to add more space at bottom and a little less at top. Overall, well done.

Daniel Cadieux
12-17-2012, 12:20 PM
This is very nice Stuart. I love how you got it landing at peak stretch. I also really like that you have some clouds in the sky...a subtle thing on its own but adds so much. Personally I would remove the cormorant, it does have a quirky reation, but it distracts more than adds IMO. I do like the comp though so I would try cloning it out rather than cropping.

Raymond Lee
12-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Nice timing! I also vote for removing the cormorant as it only gets in a small part of the frame. If more of the Cormorant is included in the frame, however, then I would keep it and it will definitely tell some sort of story/relationship between the Heron and the Cormorant.