PDA

View Full Version : Common grass yellow butterfly

Jonathan Ashton
12-17-2012, 05:27 AM
Tripod, Canon 7D canon 100-400 L & 25mm extension tube, ISO 800 -1.33, 1/160 sec f10 (no flash fill in)
A similar image to one posted last week but this was taken on a different day with dissimilar lighting conditions using alternative equipment.
As always I eagerly await your C&C.

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1708"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Steve Maxson
12-19-2012, 11:49 AM
Hi Jon. Your previous excellent post of this species is a hard act to follow! :S3: Here you have another nice specimen giving you a good pose in even light and against an OOF background. Overall, this is a very nice image, but IMO it lacks the punch of your previous image - it may be just the difference in lighting. (?) I guess all I'm saying is that when I compare the two images, I like the first one better. :S3: A couple tweaks you might consider - the whites in the flower seem to be lacking detail - you might try some targeted adjustments there to see if it helps. Also, I would suggest cloning the small bright area near the URC as it tends to draw my eye.

Jason Stander
12-21-2012, 03:06 AM
Hi J,... another cracker of a shot... lovely bg and detail... agree with Steve though on his comment about the punch... WD J!

Jonathan Ashton
12-21-2012, 03:52 AM
Thanks for the comments much appreciated. The lighting was slightly different and I also think it lacks the quality of the previous image becasue this was taken with the zoom as opposed to the macro lens - despite the big difference in ISO.