PDA

View Full Version : Male Harrier with Dinner

Corey Hayes
12-16-2012, 10:22 PM
I had a really good day birding and photo wise this weekend. The sun came out for me in what seems like ages, its always out during the week when I am at work and crappy and dark on the weekends lol

Anyway I took a this shot later in the day I almost drove right past, I got 4 or 5 sharp shots of him in different positions and some far away eating.

Today also marks 6 Months since I bought my first DSLR I cant wait until spring, since I kind of missed the whole show this year.

7D
ISO 640
700mm
f5.6
1/1000

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1733"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

John Cooper
12-17-2012, 12:11 AM
Pleased you are enjoying your 7D Corey and a nice sharp capture of this Harrier.

I like the raised wings, fanned tail and the talons clutching the 'dinner' - must have a rodent caught up in that vegetation Corey?

Its just a pity you didn't get a better angle with the Harrier comimg towards or pass you, but good you got the head and eye visible.

Vivaldo Damilano
12-17-2012, 01:16 AM
Fantastic sharp capture with vegetation Corey. I like the visible eye and dark background TFS.

arash_hazeghi
12-17-2012, 03:01 AM
nice grab! looks as if he is dropping the nesting material, I like the symmetrical wing position. The main issue is the bird flying away from us

Miguel Palaviccini
12-17-2012, 09:18 AM
Great capture, and I agree that I wish the bird were at a better angle with respect to you. However, you did get an eye in the image which improves it substantially.

Daniel Cadieux
12-17-2012, 09:22 AM
Neat observation. The visible eye makes up for the fact the subject is flying away, but I still wish it was angled at least parallel to us. Nice BG and I like the OOF vegetation at bottom.

Corey Hayes
12-17-2012, 09:34 AM
Thanks guys I agree it would of been awesome if he was coming my way, I have two shots where he is hovering and facing me but I felt this shot was more interesting. I am hoping for a lot of shots during the Christmas break.

Marina Scarr
12-17-2012, 10:57 AM
While the raptor may be flying away, I find the fact that its eye is clearly visible and looking down at it's "load" really saves this image.