PDA

View Full Version : Red breasted nuthatch

Grace Scalzo
12-16-2012, 05:50 PM
From a great morning at Elizabeth Morton NWR with Gail Bisson and Joe Senzatimore. I am wondering how you feel about the perch entering the frame in the bottom in the center. Bird landed low on it, and I had to evict part of my stand. Did a bit of Nik work on the bg to smooth and cleaned up a spot or two on the perch.

Thanks as always for your helpful suggestions.

1/1600, f8, iso800
1Dmk4, 500 f4 + 1.4tc + tripod

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1775"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Marina Scarr
12-16-2012, 06:14 PM
What a stunning capture, Grace. Killer BG and the perch is so unique. I love it. The colors all work together. You got really nice DOF on your bird with terrific details and sharpness. The perch entering where it does is not an issue for me. You made it work!

Clemens Vanderwerf
12-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Grace, lovely image and colors with beautiful bkgd. The perch can enter pretty much everywhere except right smack in the corner. I would try a version with the perch entering close to the corner, but not in the corner.

Randy Stout
12-16-2012, 08:00 PM
Grace:

The perch is perfect for this little fellow. Interesting with some detail, but not overpowering.

Excellent pose, sharpness and exposure.

There is a segment of the art world that doesn't like leading lines in paintings to come out of the corner, so I am happy with your perch on the bottom not leaving at the corner (as Clemens already stated)

Well done.

Cheers

Randy

dankearl
12-16-2012, 08:30 PM
I don't think you really have an option, you can't crop tighter it appears to me and it would be a square crop to
have the perch completely diagonal.
Nice focus and details on the Nuthatch, a different perch than normal for them!

Jim Crosswell
12-16-2012, 08:41 PM
I like the pose, IQ, interesting perch and BG. Excellent image Grace!

Nick Palmieri
12-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Not bothered by the location of the perch. The bird is beautiful. IQ looks good and the BG colors are very nice. TFS

John Cooper
12-17-2012, 12:22 AM
A stunning capture Grace and such a sweet bird. Excellent IQ, great perch & BG, and the composition works well for me. Love it..!!

Stu Bowie
12-17-2012, 03:07 AM
Hi Grace, lovely light in this, and you have brought out the detail and sharpness in the Nuthatch very well. Killer BG too. Im fine with perch intersecting the bottom of the frame where it does, but would have tried to miss the corner at ULC.

When cropping, you could rotate the image slightly to suit where you want the perch to intersect the sides of the frame - not too much to throw the pose of the Nuthatch off 'balance'. :w3

christopher galeski
12-17-2012, 05:34 AM
nice image Grace,great pose and BG,sharp with good detail,thanks.

Satish Ranadive
12-17-2012, 05:57 AM
Simple and very very sweet image of nuthatch.Very nice composition.
Love the pose,colors,details and very interesting perch.Nice BG too.

Regards,
Satish.

Daniel Cadieux
12-17-2012, 10:02 AM
I have no issue at all with the perch placement and find the image composition well balanced. Excellent subject with a perfect HA. I love that fuzzy perch, and the BG is wonderful!

Shawn Zierman
12-17-2012, 10:50 AM
This is a 10 of 10. Awesome view of the bird. Perch is really interesting with a nice texture.
The background is very rich.

PhilCook
12-18-2012, 05:13 AM
I see the perch as being perfect as is, all in all a sweet shot and rather like the reddish perch