PDA

View Full Version : New Mexico Sunrise

James Fuller
12-16-2012, 01:07 PM

I was thrilled to witness this sunrise with thousands of snow geese!

D800, 28mm, F7.1, 1/50, ISO 400

<iframe width="468" scrolling="no" height="60" frameborder="0" style="border:none;" border="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1647" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0"><p>Your browser does not support iFrame.</p></iframe>

Mark Wiseman
12-16-2012, 04:32 PM
Hi James,
You witnessed a wonderful sunrise and the image was well captured. I like the wonderful reds and yellows and the silhouette of the birds adds interest.
TFS and best wishes,
Mark.
:cheers:

Marina Scarr
12-16-2012, 06:47 PM
Me thinks I recognize this scene!! You sure had an impressive sunrise here, James. Aside from the obvious colors in the sky, I am really liking the colors in the FG water. Your comp works well.

Roger Clark
12-16-2012, 08:33 PM
Hi James,

Wonderful image and well done. Nicely exposed. This looks like the clouds on December 1 (correct?). If so I was there too, but I didn't get there early enough before the throngs of other photographers (I got there about an hour before sunrise). You had a MUCH better spot, and that made all the difference. It looks like I was way to your right, but I had other things in the foreground. Congratulations and beautiful image.

(I got there much earlier the next morning, but the sunrise was not a pretty.)

Roger

Morkel Erasmus
12-17-2012, 03:59 AM
Lovely image James. :5
The layering and colours are great, but I particularly like the reflected colour/light in the water as well as the almost "mercury"-like texture/tone in the water in the foreground.
Nice work!

Rachel Hollander
12-17-2012, 09:11 AM
James - I agree with the others- gorgeous sunrise and very well captured. I too like the reflected colors in the water.

TFS,
Rachel

Roman Kurywczak
12-17-2012, 12:19 PM
Fantastic colors and well composed. Very nicely done!

James Fuller
12-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Hi James,

Wonderful image and well done. Nicely exposed. This looks like the clouds on December 1 (correct?). If so I was there too, but I didn't get there early enough before the throngs of other photographers (I got there about an hour before sunrise). You had a MUCH better spot, and that made all the difference. It looks like I was way to your right, but I had other things in the foreground. Congratulations and beautiful image.

(I got there much earlier the next morning, but the sunrise was not a pretty.)

Roger

Thanks for the comments everyone! You are correct Roger, this image was taken December 1.

Robert Amoruso
12-20-2012, 02:44 PM
Yep, I agree with the comments above. Well done for the reasons mentioned.

Anette Mossbacher
12-20-2012, 05:34 PM
Great image, great colors, great comp. Would love to sit there right now :w3

Ciao

Anette

Andrew Aveley
12-23-2012, 08:13 AM
Great composition and colours

HAve a great festive Season

Arthur Morris
12-24-2012, 08:59 PM
Beautiful James. The foreground water is killer. I am curious as to exactly where you were..... Any clues?

James Fuller
01-02-2013, 11:23 PM
Hello Artie, I remember exactly where I was standing. This is a nice sized (~25ft wide) opening just north of the flight deck .

Arthur Morris
01-03-2013, 04:32 AM
Hello Artie, I remember exactly where I was standing. This is a nice sized (~25ft wide) opening just north of the flight deck .

Thanks James. Love the clear water that you enjoyed. I have tried to get them to put in a small boardwalk there and to take down the "Area closed beyond this sign" sign. The funny thing is that they put the sign up immediately after I requested that they clean up the area a bit and put down a small platform of boards to ease over-crowding on the flight deck.

Grady Weed
01-03-2013, 02:16 PM
Sorry I am late to the party. All of the good things mentioned. Nothing like a well exposed sunrise to get the juices flowing. Spectacular colors make any image sing. TFS.