PDA

View Full Version : The Itch

Marina Scarr
12-16-2012, 01:00 PM
Captured this bull Moose scratching an itch on his back with his paddle.

Canon 1D4, Canon 500L & 1.4 @ 700mm
F8, 1/200sec, ISO 1600, manual mode
Feisol tripod, Jobu Head

Comments and critique most welcomed and appreciated.

Marina Scarr
Florida Master Naturalist
www.marinascarrphotography.com (http://www.marinascarrphotography.com)

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1775"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Rachel Hollander
12-16-2012, 01:35 PM
Hi Marina - I really like the look at the antlers and the details on them. The tones and colors look good too. However, the image just isn't grabbing me. Just a personal taste thing, sorry.

TFS,
Rachel

Andrew Merwin
12-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Marina, I agree with Rachel. I do like the sharpness @ that SS & I think the exposure is good. Was it possible to move to your right?

Steve Canuel
12-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Neat shot Marina. Love the subdued colors of this shot, nice representation of the habitat. I also like the unique view, the tight composition, and the detail.

Kiran Khanzode
12-16-2012, 11:47 PM
Marina,

This is a very unique shot and I love the low angle you obtained here. Amazing set of antlers on this Moose, I like this as presented. Congrats!

Kiran

Morkel Erasmus
12-17-2012, 03:34 AM
I like the pose showing the antlers and the quirky pose here Marina.
I like how your composition follows the pattern of the Golden Mean.
I am really missing some more space at the bottom for the virtual resting body. :S3:

Steve Kaluski
12-17-2012, 04:22 AM
Morkel you are reading my mind :Whoa!:.

Again, I totally agree, certainly Marina if you have more room at the foot this would greatly help. Love the subtle tones and hues of the BKG and surrounding vegetation.

TFS
Steve

Jonathan Ashton
12-18-2012, 06:58 AM
Great shot - really unusual angle I have never seen right up a moose's hooter before! I love the colours a really interesting image.

Gerald Kelberg
12-18-2012, 12:01 PM
A really unique shot - I really love it. Something completely different!

I like the soft tones of the surrounding shrubbery and how the head and antlers contrast against them. Great detail on the antlers and the nose. (Jon, I think, in the US, "hooters" are something different!)

Yes, more space for the virtual body could be nice, but the comp works well for me as presented.

Thanks for sharing,

Gerald

HadiAnsari
12-21-2012, 07:46 AM
I like the pose showing the antlers and the quirky pose here Marina

Stan Cunningham
12-22-2012, 05:50 PM
I like because it's different and although you can 't see much of the face he still seems to have an "ahhhhh" expression.
Do agree with Morkel on more at the bottom though. If you don't have any you might be able to add canvas and use a quick mask or fill in PS.