PDA

View Full Version : Red-tailed Hawk.

Karl Egressy
12-15-2012, 09:47 PM
I went to pay a visit to may favorite lady friend in the company of my wife. (We think it is a she)
She is doing well and hunting diligently.
Some misses but she gets the food she neds to survive none the less as I overheard from other rphotogrphers.
I only spent half an hour there and she came up empty handed from this hunt.
It would be so nice if she stayed after the snow start coming down.
Thanks for looking.

Canon 1D Mark IV
Canon 300 f2.8 L IS + 1.4x TC
Manual setting, hand held
f 5.6
1/1600 s
ISO 800

<iframe width="468" scrolling="no" height="60" frameborder="0" style="border:none;" border="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=2600" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0"><p>Your browser does not support iFrame.</p></iframe>

christopher galeski
12-16-2012, 07:08 AM
nice flight angle,head sharp,it looks like it as some blood on its nares,nice light.thanks.

Satish Ranadive
12-16-2012, 07:18 AM
Excellent flight pose in beautiful lights.Superb color scheme.Love the details and composition.

Regards,
Satish.

Nick Palmieri
12-16-2012, 08:11 AM
The light is gorgeous. Nice capture!

Joe Senzatimore
12-16-2012, 08:47 AM
Sweet light and fine composition work on this image. Love the eye contact. Sharp where it needs to be. Well done.

Shawn Zierman
12-16-2012, 09:25 AM
This bird is such a rock star super poser! You have made the most of the opportunity Karl and this is
yet another great image of this bird. Love the background (mostly, maybe not that somewhat noticeable
vertical line moving up from the bird's right shoulder)...I think the grasses in the fg are lovely. Is the
background fairly pure, or did you have to do some PS work back there? Nice flight pose/eye level, and the
dropping talons are cool.

Geir Jensen
12-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Beautiful light . Great BG . I like very much Comp.

Well Done

Stu Bowie
12-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Hi Karl, what a great 3D effect this has. The RTH is popping out of my sceeen, and just love how you have brought out the head of the hawk. Sharp where it counts, and that BG is superb. Well captured.

Melissa Groo
12-16-2012, 11:42 AM
What lovely light and setting, and super pose, Karl! It's always such a treat to view your work. You are continuing to get such fine captures of this hawk.

Richard Unsworth
12-16-2012, 01:04 PM
A really good image here. The BG is lovely and I too find the grasses pleasing, excellent composition.
Perhaps a smaller aperture would have put it over the top?

Cheryl Arena Molennor
12-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Great light and neat pose. I especially like the fanned feathers in front

Karl Egressy
12-16-2012, 03:50 PM
This bird is such a rock star super poser! You have made the most of the opportunity Karl and this is
yet another great image of this bird. Love the background (mostly, maybe not that somewhat noticeable
vertical line moving up from the bird's right shoulder)...I think the grasses in the fg are lovely. Is the
background fairly pure, or did you have to do some PS work back there? Nice flight pose/eye level, and the
dropping talons are cool.

Thanks, Shawn.
I checked the original image. Nothing was touched above or at least nothing is obvious. ( I don't always remember for every step of PP.)
I cloned out a couple of in focus dry grasses similar that you see on the left. to make it prettier.

Miguel Palaviccini
12-16-2012, 04:58 PM
Very pleasing image karl! You nailed the focus, the bg is sweet, and I really like the inclusion of some of the dry grass in the fg and near bg. Job well done!

Clemens Vanderwerf
12-16-2012, 06:46 PM
Karl, Great image with super light and colors. I would give it a little bit more space on the right and a sliver at the bottom, but other than that well executed.

Jim Crosswell
12-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Excellent image Karl! I like the colours, flight angle, sharpness, grasses and composition.

Corey Hayes
12-16-2012, 10:35 PM
Nice work Karl, love the vivid colors.