PDA

View Full Version : Pyramids of Giza

Judy Lynn Malloch
04-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Took this image with a wide angle lens. It was one that Alfred suggested taking and it was awesome especially in cases like this where the pyramids are so large that it is difficult to capture the proper perspective.

Nikon D3
Nikon 14 to 24 mm
ISDO 200
1/2000, F5.6
hand held since I did not bring a tripod with me.

All comments are greatly appreciated.

Michael Pancier
04-26-2008, 10:43 AM
have you played around with B&W conversions of these images? the comps really favor B&W ....how hot was it?

Judy Lynn Malloch
04-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Hi Michael , Many thanks for your comments. I actually did and have thought of B&W but was so imprressed with the beautiful blue skys in Egypt that i opted to go for it as it is. As a painter I was caught up by the incredibel contrasts between the desert, pyramids and the sky. I found the desert and mountains in the Sinai overwhelming and will post some pics at a later date. again many thanks Michael . I value your comments and appreciate them.

Lance Warley
04-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Beautiful.

Was it near dawn or dusk, Judy? I'm asking because the sky has a beautiful pastel glow, even though the sand is light.

Harold Davis
04-26-2008, 03:06 PM
judy lynn, i think you did an incredible job of capturing the scene so that you can appreciate how enormous the pyramids really are!! thanks for sharing these with us!!

Roman Kurywczak
04-26-2008, 05:10 PM
H Judy,
You really gave a sense of scale in this one and incorporated a pleasing leading line. How much were you able to move around.......or were there very many restrictions? It still must have been very exciting to experience all this history,
Roman

John Cooper
04-27-2008, 02:11 AM
Love the soft colours here Judy and the leading lines into the image. The inclusion of people here also assists in judging the enormity of the pyramids. Nice composition!!

Bob Ettinger
04-27-2008, 08:14 AM
Good comp, leading line and hjaving the people for scale makes this one. It must have been a wonderful and exciting trip

Robert Amoruso
04-28-2008, 08:43 AM
Great composition Judy. You have diagonal leading lines - road on left and wall on right - leading the pyramid which is two diagonal lines. The pyramid is nicely balanced by the smaller structures/rocks on the left. The camels and people are a big plus. Only thing on them that could have been improved is letting them - assuming that it actually happened - walk more to the left FG so the were a bit more prominent in the frame and also help to balance it out.

Very well done overall.