PDA

View Full Version : Shoveller take off

Amol Khedgikar
12-14-2012, 07:36 PM
I would have loved to have a fully colored male in such a shot but may be some other time. I got this while waiting for the Hoodies to take off so I cant really complain....

7D + 500 F/4, ISO 400, 5.6, AV mode, EV -0.3, 1/1600. I now wish that I had dialed in more ss to freeze the wing tips.

Canvas added in front and cropped from behind. levels, sharpening action used.

All C&C welcome and appreciated.

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1718"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Randy Stout
12-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Amol:

Nice full up wing pose, and enough angle our way to show off the blue wing patch. Wing tip blur noted but not a deal breaker. LIke the orange feet, yellow eye.

Framing works for me.

Cheers

Randy

Karl Egressy
12-14-2012, 09:12 PM
Nice flight shot Amol. It would be nice to see more details in the head neck area but it it is nice as is.

John Cooper
12-14-2012, 10:39 PM
Well captured flight shot Amol - love the fully extended wings upward and the droplets of water cascading behind. Movement in the wing tips not a worry for me as they provide a sense of action.

Don Nelson
12-14-2012, 11:32 PM
Very nicely seen and composed. I think with a little masking, selective masking and some levels work, coupled with some Nik detail extractor, you could tease a lot more out of this image (your results will be better using the raw at full size rather than this quick example):

here's one suggestion: Now you've got details in head and red belly, without blowing out the whites, and the feather detail is enhanced.... I'd go even further an lightly mask out (additional) the blue wing areas so they are not as lightened

Satish Ranadive
12-14-2012, 11:57 PM
Amol:
Excellent take off shot with full wings up.Love the colors,eye,orange legs and water droplets.
Repost by Don looks nice with more details.

Regards,
Satish.

PhilCook
12-15-2012, 02:46 AM
Don's repost has added another level to this one as it has brought out more detail and color particularly around the neck area. Nicely timed and I'm OK with slight wing blur, it just seems to add life rather than a totally static shot, the water drops also add life/action to this one.....liking it

Marina Scarr
12-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Lovely flight pose and RP by Don addresses key issues.

Amol Khedgikar
12-15-2012, 06:04 PM
Thanks everyone.

Thanks Don. I like your version better. Frankly I didnt get to spend much time with this one. I am gonna try what you did on the raw.