PDA

View Full Version : Seascape

peter delaney
12-13-2012, 12:47 PM
Leica M8.2 tri-elmar lens 1/125 f11 iso 160

<iframe width="468" scrolling="no" height="60" frameborder="0" style="border:none;" border="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=2582" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0"><p>Your browser does not support iFrame.</p></iframe>

Morkel Erasmus
12-14-2012, 05:36 AM
Love the tones and mood here Peter.
vignette coming on a tad strong in the corners which might be toned down somewhat, though I like a good vignette :bg3:
for me the FG rock is bordering on being a bit too prominent, though I can see why you went with it for all the nice textures

How are you finding the Leica? It's not the dedicated monochrome one, right?

Jim Michael
12-15-2012, 10:06 AM
Compositionally very strong, I like how the eye is lead to the breaking wave in the distance.

Robert Amoruso
12-15-2012, 06:04 PM
Peter,

Nice to see a B&W seascape here. I agree that the vignetting is to strong (caveat: I am not a fan of it so not inclined to like it).

The left FG is not acceptability sharp as I would prefer. I do like the strong leading lines of the rocks from the left into the image and feel the composition is very strong. I like the minimization of the BG on the right - enough to keep it interesting and discernible w/o making the right feel weak due to the large rock-mass on the left.

Rachel Hollander
12-16-2012, 10:45 AM
Hi Peter - nice to see you posting over here too. I like the b&w treatment here and the leading lines of the rocks and foam. I agree on the vignette being a tad too strong especially in the lower corners.

TFS,
Rachel

Mark Wiseman
12-16-2012, 04:41 PM
Hi Peter,
I like the strata of the rock leading the eye from the left to the upper right. I am happy with the vignette and as Morkel mentioned the image has lovely b&w tones.
TFS and best wishes,
Mark.
:cheers:

Roman Kurywczak
12-17-2012, 12:08 PM
Hey peter,
I like the boldness of this! Yeah....might prefer a touch lore DOF on the left FG.....but I like the overall comp and mood as presented.