PDA

View Full Version : Ice bears of Arctic -9

Sid Garige
12-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Our guide called off our outing on 2nd day morning saying inlet is frozen beyond the point of boating. We were very disappointed and even though to returning back home that afternoon. We did not had much luck with flight changes. Next day morning our luck changed. 10 degrees rise in temperature and nice blue skies. When our guide said lets try breaking ice, if we get stuck we can walk back home we though he was kidding. We were greeted by 16 polar bears in excellent light. It was hard work but we were rewarded generously by mother nature and ice bears.

Canon 1d Mark IV, 500mm
1/1600, F8

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1758"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Sid Garige
12-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Another image from outing on that day. We did get stuck quite a few times but managed to get back safely.

Steve Uffman
12-13-2012, 02:02 AM
great images as always...also enjoy story of the ice breaking and walking back.....and seeing 16 bears and....wow!

guess I need to do some speed work so I can outrun at least one of you next year:bg3:

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
12-13-2012, 02:53 AM
Superb Image SId, great story as well. Cheers

Steve Kaluski
12-13-2012, 03:28 AM
Hi Sid, when things like this come together it's awesome, likewise the shot. :cheers:

Great annotation, pleased you included the transportation, not quite to the standard of Monaco :bg3: Nicely processed, great detail, good interaction, perhaps the nicest from the series?

TFS
Steve

Rachel Hollander
12-13-2012, 07:57 AM
Hi Sid - another great shot. Love the grouping and the dof works beautifully to have them all nice and sharp. Thanks for including a bit of the story and the second photo as well.

TFS,
Rachel

peter delaney
12-13-2012, 12:51 PM
great image!

Gen Benjamin
12-13-2012, 04:21 PM
Oh my I don't know which I like the best, the image of the bears, the boat or the story! As always your exposure lokks spot on, great action with the two fighting and the one with his/hers eyes closed cracks me up.
Gen

Morkel Erasmus
12-14-2012, 05:11 AM
Great light, setting and behaviour here Sid.
In a perfect world the BG bear wouldn't be behind the action, but doesn't really detract from the image for me. Good to see your 'transport' too :bg3:

Andreas Liedmann
12-14-2012, 05:15 AM
Hi Sid,
seems that luck was on your side in all terms on this trip.

Give Rachel a bump to go to that place instead of Svalbard.

Image is just great in all terms , like the light and the colors.Your processing is just excellent ,for me , on this series.

Only thing could be better if the mother would not have been partially hidden by the cubs, just in an ideal world.

TFS Andreas

Marina Scarr
12-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Over the top good, Sid. Boy weren't you glad that you couldn't change your flights once you were out there shooting in that amazing light??? Thanks for sharing the pic of the boat you were in. It gives us a better idea of what you were dealing with. Your captain has such a great smile!

dankearl
12-15-2012, 08:16 PM
This is just great!
The best yet of the series for me.
Nice interaction, perfect exposure and very nice getting all sharp.
Even at f8, it is not easy, nice work.

Steve Canuel
12-16-2012, 03:29 PM
Another nice shot Sid. The "crispness" of light stands out to me on this one (if that makes any sense).

Tom Redd
12-22-2012, 11:44 AM
Well done, Sid, as always. have you warmed back up yet? :)