ISO 200
f/8
1/60
Manual Exposure

toned and processed in PS CS 3 and Lightroom

Roman Kurywczak
04-26-2008, 09:45 AM
Hi Michael,
This one was made for IR. For me, the middle section from center of frame to the right is a little busy. I love the left side tree grouping with the bird, sky and grass.......but overall because of the middle, this one losses the impact. I hope you took a bunch of these as the sky was extremely dramatic and I look forward to seeing more of them,
Roman
PS Did you ever do a comparison between the results of the IR camera conversion and NIK's IR conversion?

Harold Davis
04-26-2008, 10:05 AM
love that IR!!! looks great michael. Nik has IR conversion? in what package? that might be interesting!!

Michael Pancier
04-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Nik color effects pro has an IR filter. It's ok but not the same as shooting in real IR.

Roman, I took a lot of IR shots that day. I liked this one cause of the bird's position/inclusion in the image. I couldn't arrange that on some of the others ....

Judy Lynn Malloch
04-26-2008, 12:01 PM
Agree with the above comments but love the mood you captured in this image Michael. The bird is a lovely bonus !!!

Robert Amoruso
04-28-2008, 08:35 AM
Michael,

I guess I am less bothered by the right side then Roman suggests. To me the left tree grouping acts as a leading line into the image and then turns into the right line of trees to lead you across the frame. It would have been nice to have something in the open spot in the FG right but I know which way you are looking and the IR makes for a nice representation.