PDA

View Full Version : Bosque Silhouette

Cheryl Slechta
12-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Hi, folks, this is my first post in Landscapes as I usually hang out in OOTB:S3: This was taken during Artie and Denise's IPT at Bosque del Apache in November. It was captured as a 3 image HDR in camera using the Canon 5D Mark III, Canon 24-105mm at 24mm. ISO 1000, f/5.6, .4sec., minimal processing in Lightroom 4 - Exp. +.5 and Saturation +4.
Comments and suggestions appreciated.

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=2109"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Don Railton
12-11-2012, 11:22 PM
Hi Cheryl.

Welcome, and I love the colours here..! Nice balance of sky and lake. Sweet image..

I does look like the level is not quite right but I think it is an illusion. The distant shore looks too close to use as a judge for this.

DON

Roger Clark
12-11-2012, 11:57 PM
Hi Cheryl,

We;come to landscapes. Great image. I really like the deep blue and the sunset clouds. I was there around the same time (left December 3) and made similar images later with stars. While it does look at first like the image might need rotation, it is really an effect of the curve of the far shoreline of the pond, and your image looks perfectly level to me. Well done.

Roger

Cheryl Slechta
12-12-2012, 07:29 AM
Don and Roger, thank you both for your comments. It was my first trip to the Bosque but not my last.:S3:

Anette Mossbacher
12-13-2012, 04:36 AM
Hi Cheryl, welcome to BPN :)

Love the colors and all around. For it looks great, with the reflection and all :))

Ciao
Anette

Morkel Erasmus
12-14-2012, 05:51 AM
Nice mood in this one Cheryl. The levelling threw me a bit, but after looking for a while I've come to the same conclusion as Roger and Don above.
I'd shave a little bit off the bottom if it were mine, to get rid of that clump of foliage in the LHS corner.

Cheryl Slechta
12-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Hi, Morkel, thanks for your comments. I have a version with the foliage "evicted" but wasn't sure if that was OK for this forum. I left the small bits of foliage along the rest of the edge but removed the clump.

Roman Kurywczak
12-17-2012, 12:03 PM
Hey Cheryl,
Looks like you had some great color out there! Agree with Morkel on the vegetation....yes you can remove stuff in landscapes....just let everyone know what you did.