PDA

View Full Version : Coloring inside the lines - Spoonie with the entire body, what a concept!

Randy Stout
12-11-2012, 04:29 PM
I had fun with the discussion about the crop on my previous spoonie image. This is the frame before, when he was far enough away that his entire body fit. There are parts of this image I like better, others not as well, as the previous post.

D300 500mm AFS with TC 1.4 f/7.1 1.2500s ISO 320

Your thoughts on one vs. the other appreciated. Always fun to look at several variations on the theme!

Cheers

Randy

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1900"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Bill Dix
12-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Perfect HA and pose, good techs. Tough to choose -- I like this a lot, but then I liked the cropped bird too -- can't have too many good spoonie shots.

Nancy Bell
12-11-2012, 06:54 PM
The way I see it is different crops for different effects. I loved the close-up image for its impact of color and details! This image is indeed the whole enchilada with lovely color, details, pose and so on, and very classic. Could not be nicer. But the earlier close-up has a drama that really catches the eye.

Karl Egressy
12-11-2012, 08:15 PM
This is very nice, Randy. Colours, pose, composition all look great. I still like the previous post better. It is more unique, more intimate IMO.

John Cooper
12-11-2012, 08:22 PM
Yep that does it for me Randy - all the attributes of the previous post but the rear-end is a bonus here..!!

Stu Bowie
12-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Hi Randy, I liked your previous post of this fellow, and I like this one just as much. Good low shooting angle, and a nice angle from the spoonie too, especially with the raised foot. Excellent exposure all round, sharp, and good to see a hint of the pink reflection in the water. The spacing around the spoonie is perfect. Well captured.

Shawn Zierman
12-12-2012, 02:16 AM
I'll venture a guess and suggest that one of the things that you liked better in the
previous image vs this one is the positioning of the raised leg...? This one is ever so
nice, even though it's composition is more straightforward. Great light quality and the
colors of the bird are lovely.

christopher galeski
12-12-2012, 05:19 AM
very nice Randy,sharp with good details,love the colors,nice pose and light.thanks.

Frank Schauf
12-14-2012, 06:18 AM
Beautiful portrait, great pose and colors.