PDA

View Full Version : Cannibalism

Vincent Grafhorst
04-26-2008, 03:55 AM
Too many 'lovely' images here in the macro gallery! Often when I look through my macro lens I see horrific things, stuff that can cause nightmares. Such as these horrific looking corn crickets. Though mainly herbivorous, they will eat each others dead bodies! Something which can be easily seen on dirt roads where hundreds of these insects get squashed by cars.

Khutse Game Reserve, central kalahari, Botswana.

Camera Model Canon EOS 40D
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/125
Av( Aperture Value ) 16.0
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 400
Lens EF100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
Focal Length 100.0 mm
Image Size 3888x2592
Image Quality RAW
Flash On
Flash Exposure Compensation -2/3

Vincent Grafhorst
www.khwaiphotography.com (http://www.khwaiphotography.com)
vincent@khwaiphotography.com (vincent@khwaiphotography.com)

Robert O'Toole
04-26-2008, 10:48 AM
Hi vincent,

I liked this image when I saw it for the first time on your site, BPN people should follow your link and take a look, you have some super images.

Like the great eye contact in this image and the blue colors against the sand colored BG , I dont think its gruesome at all its just natural recycling!

Robert

Fabs Forns
04-26-2008, 03:27 PM
Fierce battle well captured. Clear who is victor. Thanks for sharing it!

John Cooper
04-27-2008, 01:23 AM
A great story telling image Vincent showing nature's recycling process in action. Good exposure and detail. The tight crop has placed the emphasis on the action.

Roman Kurywczak
04-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Hi Vincent,
I love the "horrific" side of nature. to me, its not horrific.....powerful and a fact of life. For me, I would have preferred a vert. comp........and really focused on the action without the Bright FG distraction,
Roman

Vincent Grafhorst
04-27-2008, 11:45 PM
Hi vincent,

I liked this image when I saw it for the first time on your site, BPN people should follow your link and take a look, you have some super images.

Like the great eye contact in this image and the blue colors against the sand colored BG , I dont think its gruesome at all its just natural recycling!

Robert

You are flattering me Robert... thanks.

Mike Moats
04-28-2008, 05:06 AM
Hey Vincent, great shot of reality in the wild. Real nice details and BG.