PDA

View Full Version : Gemsbok Parade

Rachel Hollander
12-11-2012, 09:54 AM
I thought I'd mix it up a little because there have been so many predators posted recently and post some gemsbok/oryx. Taken in Etosha National Park, Namibia. This was just before 9 am so the sun was already getting stronger.

Canon 5D3
70-200 II @ 200mm
1/2000
f7.1
ISO 400
HH from safari vehicle, cropped to pano, luminosity mask, levels, curves, selective color adjustments, dodging and burning, sharpened in CS6.

C&C welcome and appreciated. Thanks,

Rachel

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1782"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Rachel Hollander
12-11-2012, 11:34 AM
Once I posted the above I realized that parts of the bush looked oversharpened because I had failed to mask them or adequately dial back the sharpening for web action. So here's a repost with the sharpening for web adjusted.

Sorry about that,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
12-11-2012, 12:01 PM
Hi Rachel, good call on the RP, addresses my initial thoughts.

If you have it, a bit more on the LHS for me, but see what others think. With such a high SS I might have dropped the ISO.

TFS
Steve

Morkel Erasmus
12-12-2012, 05:11 AM
I too wish more more space on the LHS, spacing them equidistant from the edges.
Nice call on the repost, certainly was a tad crunchy.
Just watch your masking around the gemsbok - some blotchy-crunchy patches on the grasses around them.

Notably this has that "murky" Etosha sky too.

Rachel Hollander
12-12-2012, 07:05 AM
Thanks Steve and Morkel - unfortunately no more room left or right and yes, I did the rp a little too quickly with the masking.

Thanks again,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
12-14-2012, 05:47 AM
Hi Rachel,
technically all been said by M and S, in which i agree.

Like the lined up gemsbok and the typical Etosha colors, likewise the pano format .

TFS Andreas