PDA

View Full Version : Intense (slight gore warning)

Rachel Hollander
12-09-2012, 07:08 AM
A very different look at a leopard in the canopy than Steve's post a couple of days ago. This is the mother leopard taking her opportunity to chow down on the impala. The blue skies peeked through a bit that afternoon.

Canon 5D3
100-400 @ 340mm
1/640
f5.6
ISO 800
EC +.33
HH from safari vehicle, ff, levels, curves, luminosity mask, selective color adjustments and sharpened in CS5/CS6.

C&C welcome and appreciated. Thanks,

Rachel

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1880"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Steve Kaluski
12-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Hi Rachel, this life and what big cat predators do, we just push a trolly round and have it shrink wrapped. :bg3:

I like the posture, the inclusion of the front leg and the draped foliage over the shoulder is a nice touch, but just knocking back a few darker stem branches does make a difference, but again, personal taste. :w3I just wonder if the Luminosity is providing a bit more saturation in the coat, I feel it loooks a little warm, but again, that might be the setting? Personally I might look to just opening the eye, cheek, throat and chest a tad & perhaps dropping a little yellow, just to allow the light to give some more form and tonal difference. Perhaps a hint more USM in key parts of the face, but also on the kill.

Techs look good and it seems the 5D is working well for you. :cheers:

TFS
Steve

Morkel Erasmus
12-09-2012, 11:19 AM
I really like the framing here (framed by the leg) and the IQ is exceptional, Rachel. Good light coming through too.
Good suggestions by Steve.

Steve Canuel
12-09-2012, 02:13 PM
Composition's good and nice job on holding the BG sky. Might only darken the bright piece she's chewing leading into the mouth.

Rachel Hollander
12-10-2012, 08:43 AM
Thanks Steve, Morkel and Steve for the comments and suggestions. As always, they are very much appreciated. Here's a repost hopefully implementing Steve's suggestions (except the trimming of the leaves). WDYT?

Thanks again,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
12-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Hi Rachel, I think that's a lot better especially the whites on the face & chest, not so hot. It could be debated that the part of the face could be between the OP & RP, forehead, bridge of the nose? I still think you should give the 'knocking' back of the stems a whirl, it does make a difference.

Will be looking hard at the next set of images with some of your new found skills, LOL. :bg3:

Anette Mossbacher
12-11-2012, 01:55 AM
Hi Rachel, great image of this Leopard. You did already everything above mentioned from the others. So that leaves me to say, great image, well done :))

Rachel Hollander
12-11-2012, 07:10 AM
Thanks Steve and Anette. Steve - that presumes whatever I post next is newly processed, not a safe presumption :S3:

Steve Kaluski
12-11-2012, 07:14 AM
I there I was, thinking I could learn something new from a younger member. :bg3:

Andreas Liedmann
12-14-2012, 06:22 AM
Hi Rachel,
like the OP the most , RP is too flat in colors for my taste.
You should ask Steve for a wink , how to get these shiny eyes of his leopards and other image :bg3:.Maybe he tell you.

Like the tight framing and your processing , Rachel.

TFS Andreas

Rachel Hollander
12-15-2012, 09:42 AM
Thanks Andreas

dankearl
12-15-2012, 08:20 PM
I think the Leopard looks very nice, I think the kill has to be sharper for this to really work and
I don't think you have the DOF to make that happen.
Still, a very intimate photo, one I would thrilled to have!

Rachel Hollander
12-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Thanks Dan