PDA

View Full Version : Delete old posts

Raymond Packard
04-25-2008, 10:52 PM
Hi,
I am having trouble deleting old post, I follow the instructions but posts do not delete.
I have one going back to jan, and would like to remove these

Chris Ober
04-26-2008, 07:18 AM
Where are you trying to delete from? I believe deleting is disabled from most forums except for moderators and admins.

Axel Hildebrandt
04-26-2008, 08:36 AM
Chris is right, you have to ask the moderator(s) of the particular forum to delete a post.

Raymond Packard
04-26-2008, 02:46 PM
Hi Axel,
Are the posts kept on record? I just thought it would begood to clean up all my old posts.
Also my continueing problem is making a post, and not having the photo show up on review for some reason, just the title & posting info. what I'm trying to find out is if this is considered a posting? No one
is intrested in just the info without the photo, so why can't I try and post again? I'm told I have to wait 24 hrs to post again
Please help me out here.

Axel Hildebrandt
04-26-2008, 09:01 PM
Hi Axel,
Are the posts kept on record? I just thought it would begood to clean up all my old posts.
Also my continueing problem is making a post, and not having the photo show up on review for some reason, just the title & posting info. what I'm trying to find out is if this is considered a posting? No one
is intrested in just the info without the photo, so why can't I try and post again? I'm told I have to wait 24 hrs to post again
Please help me out here.

You should click on 'preview post' first to make sure the image is attached properly. If you can't see it there it's not going to work. If for some reason there is a problem with your post you can ask a moderator to delete it and post again. In this case you don't need to wait 24 hours.

Hope this helps.

Chris Ober
04-29-2008, 06:05 AM
Yes, everything is stored in a database unless we delete it permanantly. Text takes up very little space so you don't have to worry about that.

You are supposed to wait 24 hrs between posting images but if it doesn't work the first time, feel free to try again. You are also welcome to email or pm me if you need more assistance and I will do what I can for you.

Blake Shadle
04-29-2008, 08:25 AM
We'd like to keep everything :D From an IT standpoint, the idea of data being "deleted" is a huge NO-NO...

The 24hr post hold is done automatically after you create a new thread. So if for some reason the thread is created without an image, the 24hr is still placed on your account. This hold helps us to enforce the guidelines without moderator intervention.

If you ever get a pickle like that again, just send me a PM, and I'll remove the thread so you can give it another try ;)