PDA

View Full Version : Island sunset

Pat Nighswander
04-25-2008, 09:37 PM
Iso 100, f 16, 63mmm 1\40

Vincent Grafhorst
04-26-2008, 04:04 AM
Pat, I like the scene and the composition with the group of trees. The FG is a bit too dark IMO though and there is a bit too much of that, which is distracting. I do like the curved waterline however. Further the magenta colors seem too saturated.

Roman Kurywczak
04-26-2008, 09:29 AM
HI Pat,
I agreed with Vincent that the FG was a bit overpowering. All I did was play with a few crops by putting the sun in the ROT (rule of thirds position) and IMO it strengthened it overall compositionally. Let me know what you think,
Roman

Judy Lynn Malloch
04-26-2008, 09:40 AM
Very lovely image image Pat and I do like Roman;s repost. One thing that I noticed when viewing this image image besides it;s beauty and what was mentioned above was the horizon. It appears to be dipped slightly to the left but this can be easily fixed with a slight rotation. Many thanks for sharing Pat.

Robert Amoruso
04-28-2008, 07:35 AM
Pat,

I like this a lot and what I first notice is the sun and then the nicely silhouetted trees on the left. THose make the image and are the center of interest. The large FG area do not support these elements but as mentioned take away from it so Roman's suggested crop works well. Judy's suggestion on the rotation looks correct to me.

Nice work