PDA

View Full Version : red breasted merganser male

Pat Nighswander
04-25-2008, 09:12 PM
iso 400, f 8, 1\500, 400mm canon 30d
finally after shooting these guys for a few weeks I got close enough

Stephen Stephen
04-26-2008, 05:36 AM
Pat I like the pose of this bird but I think that it could do with some CW rotation even if you loose the bird's reflection.

I've added a lot of canvas and done a rotation to show you what I mean. The angle might be off a bit but it was difficult to choose because the bird is swimming away at an angle at the same time.

Michel Pilon
04-26-2008, 09:06 AM
Hello Pat,

Nice pose of this merganser!!! The light condition was difficult but you did well under those circumstances...

I agree with Stephen for the rotation but it seems to me that Stephen rotate the image too far.. I would have rotate it in order to have the darker line of water horizontal... but I like the fact that he added more space (maybe a little too much) above the head...

Cheers.

Michel

Pat Nighswander
04-26-2008, 12:51 PM
Yes a good idea about the rotation.. I never thought about it..for this one.. I agree about the more space at the top because he is looking up in that direction more room is needed.. reflections often get in the way of composition and losing some is a good answer here.. thanks guys I appreciate your feedback and learn a little each time I post.