PDA

View Full Version : Cathedral Rocks Aglow

Jay Gould
12-05-2012, 12:31 AM
During my workshop with +Jack Graham "fortunately" the water was too high to position ourselves for the typical Cathedral Rocks reflection capture which would be way way over to the right of this viewpoint.

Instead we went hunting for a composition that worked on the day; hope you like what I captured!

Canon 5D3; 24-105@47; 3.2@f/4; ISO 50 +Singh Ray Variable ND and other filters...

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=2109"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Morkel Erasmus
12-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Jay, I want to critique this shot but the file you uploaded seems to suffer from very poor IQ? It's not sharp, oversaturated and the mountains look fuzzy...:Whoa!:
I'm sure something went wrong in uploading? OR you chose the wrong file?

Jay Gould
12-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Jay, I want to critique this shot but the file you uploaded seems to suffer from very poor IQ? It's not sharp, oversaturated and the mountains look fuzzy...:Whoa!:
I'm sure something went wrong in uploading? OR you chose the wrong file?

Something went wrong; the computer copy is sharp. I will do a RP taking into account the comments here and on NS. Thanks,

Rachel Hollander
12-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Jay - I look forward to your repost because it looks like really nice light on the rocks and I like the stream leading us in. Watch the halos between the rocks and the sky too.

TFS,
Rachel

Dave Mills
12-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Hi Jay,agree with Morkel on this...would wait for a repost.

Every time I've been to this spot there was a lack of water....

Norm Dulak
12-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Hi Jay.

I agree with the comments made above and would further suggest cropping out about half of the foreground water up to the rocks. But this image has good potential, and I too look forward to your repost.

Norm

Mark Wiseman
12-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Hi Jay,
I agree with Morkel with regard to the IQ, but the colours of the mountain and the flow of the river all add.
TFS and best wishes,
Mark.
:cheers: