PDA

View Full Version : Puma

Ignacio Yufera
12-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Adult female Puma, Torres del Paine Nat'l Park, Chile. One of the most amazing animals I've had the privilege to see and photograph. Shot at pre-dawn light.

Canon 1DX, Canon 800 f/5.6, 1/400 @ f/6.3, ISO 1600

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1715"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Andreas Liedmann
12-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Hi Ignacio,
you got really lucky to see and photograph this elusive wonderful cat. Only for that a great :5.

Techs looks spot on , likewise the sharpness and overall tonality and contrast.

Lovely surrounding with the rocks in FG and the shrub in the BG.

I would go if you have for different crop, where you cut off the bottom and more room on LHS and top. Only if you have !!!

Colors difficult to say, because your image has no embedded profile !!!!

Well done, Seņor !!

TFS Andreas

Morkel Erasmus
12-04-2012, 03:40 PM
I dream of seeing and photographing a live puma one day, Ignacio! This must've been a thrill...! :Whoa!:
I love the diagonal movement and lines here, and the soft light. I agree with Andreas to maybe shave some off the bottom, and would perhaps revisit the sharpening as the shrubs around and below the cat tend to draw my eye slightly with their 'crunchy' look, perhaps just sharpen the cat on the last pass?

Rachel Hollander
12-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Hi Ignacio - what a great sighting and you certainly made the most of it. I agree with the suggestions above about a little off the bottom and about the sharpening. I never realized how thick a puma's tail is until seeing this image.

TFS,
Rachel

laurie golden
12-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Ignacio, I agree with Morkel, we all dream of seeing and photographing a puma. She is out in the open, stalking and in a beautiful setting, who could ask for more? I would like some off the bottom and more on the top if you have it, if not this is great as is.

Steve Canuel
12-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Nice to see a shot of one of these in the wild. Like the habitat and the angled rocks in the FG help add to the feel of the habitat in which these cats live. I also though of taking some off the bottom. Only tracks and scat for now but maybe some day...

Ignacio Yufera
12-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the comments and suggestions; here's a different crop as suggested. Guess I'm biased toward more OOF rocks in the FG as it reminds me how close I was to the cat, trying to keep low and still and not to look too appetizing.

Sid Garige
12-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Ignacio,
Nt often we get to see them in the wild. YOu also managed to get a very nice image too. Excllent.