PDA

View Full Version : Mother's pain 2 (perhaps not for the sensive)

Richard Unsworth
12-03-2012, 04:11 PM
:S3:

Here the ewe stands guard over her lamb.
The Griffon gets in close and shows no fear, until she chases him
Nature dictates the inevitable and the body had vanished noy soon after.

1/1250 f8 ISO 800 FL 250
Cropped to taste, NR and curves

<iframe src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1708" frameborder="0" height="60" scrolling="no" width="468">Sorry your browser does not support iFrame
</iframe>

Arthur Morris
12-03-2012, 06:47 PM
Richard. I find the similar tones and textures of the two faces interesting and facinating. The branch in the foreground is distracting.

I am quite confused by the situation. What is "Pain 2'? Is the lamb the wooly thing on the ground to our right? If yes, it is dead? What does "vanished noy soon"mean?

John Cooper
12-04-2012, 01:18 AM
A very interesting capture Richard. I like the way you have managed to get a good head turn on both subjects. A dramatic composition emphasized further by your low perspective. I guess your last sentance reads "The body had vanished very soon after".

PhilCook
12-04-2012, 02:14 AM
Very poignant, thought provoking Richard, I like it and likjng also the eye contact with the bird and the sadness or resignation of acceptance on the look of the ewes. I think, although maybe a bit more gruesome it would have a little more thought or impact seeing the whole of the dead lamb.....but works for me

Richard Unsworth
12-04-2012, 03:47 AM
Richard. I find the similar tones and textures of the two faces interesting and facinating. The branch in the foreground is distracting.

I am quite confused by the situation. What is "Pain 2'? Is the lamb the wooly thing on the ground to our right? If yes, it is dead? What does "vanished noy soon"mean?

Hi Arthur

Mothers Pain 2 = second shot on this subject, "A Mothers pain" was posted earlier

other error was a typo and should have read "vanished soon after" (I love laptops)

I agree branch is not helpful, will have a go at eliminating

Yes the lambs head is on the right and it is dead

christopher galeski
12-04-2012, 04:58 AM
like the image,sharp,pose,good,would like to see a bit more of the lambs head,I think it would help the image.thanks.

Joe Senzatimore
12-04-2012, 06:13 AM
Nature's Dept. of Sanitation. Imagine what the landscape would be like without them.

Grace Scalzo
12-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Richard, I think your story telling in this series could be strengthened if we could see more of the dead lamb. If I viewed these without reading your words, I don't think I could figure out what was going on. I'm fine with blood, it's nature at work.

Arthur Morris
12-04-2012, 09:24 AM
Hi Arthur

Mothers Pain 2 = second shot on this subject, "A Mothers pain" was posted earlier

other error was a typo and should have read "vanished soon after" (I love laptops)

I agree branch is not helpful, will have a go at eliminating

Yes the lambs head is on the right and it is dead

Thank you sir.

Richard Unsworth
12-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Hi

Will post another later complete with dead lamb.
This one was taken as a vertical and did not get the corpse in.

Grace Scalzo
12-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Thank you, Richard. I will look forward to it.