PDA

View Full Version : Where are you ....... mummy ?

Andreas Liedmann
12-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Hey folks
no other one would like to throw an image in the ring !
So here is another elllie from the southern ocean.

This little seal was calling for mum in the chaos of a big colony.

Like the framing by the two other seals and the ocean as BG.

Canon EOS 1D MK III
EF 500 IS L
Tripod

F 8 ; ISO 640 ; 1/1000 sec

Cropped to 70% of FF

Processed in RPP and PS

Thanks for watching and commenting

Cheers Andreas

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1642"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Rachel Hollander
12-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Hi Andreas - nice look at the youngster through the oof adults. Great low pov and pose with the open mouth. I like the way the black body stands out against the bright surf. I might tone down the surf on the rhs slightly as it seems a little brighter/whiter than the left and my eye is drawn there.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
12-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Hi Andreas, I quite like the POV and the flanking seals either side to frame the image. For me, the OOF flipper on the RHS I don't think carry's much and therefore would crop some off the RHS to balance the image, putting the pup more central. You could also lose a little off the top, putting the ground on a Rule of Thirds. Personally I try to avoid mid ISO's and think you would not have lost much going to ISO 800. The BKG certainly lifts the pup nicely.

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
12-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Thanks Rachel and Steve,
have made straight a pano , when i processed the OP , because i was not sure about the framing.
Had the pup centered , but i decided against a centered pup, because the pup is looking out of the frame .

WDYT ?

Thanks Andreas

Steve Kaluski
12-02-2012, 01:02 PM
Yep, this could work as another option, might just soften or clone the darkish blob in the BKG on the RHS near the edge. :w3

Andreas Liedmann
12-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Left it in , because the area is too uniform for my taste :wave:

But thanks , Mr. Detail.

Rachel Hollander
12-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Andreas - the pano crop works for me.

Morkel Erasmus
12-02-2012, 04:42 PM
Love the perspective and the repost ticks the right boxes for me, Andreas. It's good to see some images from your trip! :5

Andreas Liedmann
12-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Thanks Morkel and Rachel really appreciated .

Cheers Andreas