PDA

View Full Version : Sparks Lane

Jay Sheinfield
11-30-2012, 08:04 PM
This image gave me a bit of trouble, I used my previous preset in Simplify to reduce the tree clutter and added some medium strength edge treatment to reduce the webbing. I then ran a Bleach Bypass for detail smoothing and lighting effect. I would be interested in your feedback on how this looks.

Thanks for looking...........

Dennis Bishop
11-30-2012, 08:51 PM
I like the composition, the tonal range, and the hand-tinted look. The road leading into the image and winding into the background is great.

There are two things I'd do if this were mine. Use a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer to change the hue of the reds. I'd move it to the low 40s and up the saturation. The result is rusty browns and yellows, which -- to me -- work better with the green and cyan. The other thing would be to burn the highlights on the front edge of the bridge so my eye isn't drawn to it so strongly.

Jay Sheinfield
11-30-2012, 09:12 PM
I like the composition, the tonal range, and the hand-tinted look. The road leading into the image and winding into the background is great.

There are two things I'd do if this were mine. Use a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer to change the hue of the reds. I'd move it to the low 40s and up the saturation. The result is rusty browns and yellows, which -- to me -- work better with the green and cyan. The other thing would be to burn the highlights on the front edge of the bridge so my eye isn't drawn to it so strongly.

Burn done........the hue adjustment looses the bleached look, but I'm game.

Judy Howle
12-01-2012, 11:49 AM
I like the repost Jay. Nice treatment! I used bleach bypass on one image I haven't posted here and I added back some color selectively with a layer mask, of the trees at the far end of Sparks Lane with a little color left. I might post it later.

Paul Lagasi
12-01-2012, 02:26 PM
I love the scene, agree with above about the red leaves...very nicely done....TFS

Cheryl Slechta
12-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Jay, I think I like the repost a tad better but I liked the bleach bypass look. No one has mentioned it but I would crop a very small amount from the bottom and from the top (not much) and eliminate the straight tree trunk at the beginning of the fence. I think it's a beautiful scene.:S3:

denise ippolito
12-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Love the repost Jay, the hint of color is intriguing.

Jay Sheinfield
12-03-2012, 05:48 AM
Thanks everyone, great feedback.

Anita Bower
12-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Love the curving road, the trees, the fence. Wonderful composition. I want to drive down that lane. I'm not keen on the bleach bypass look because the trees, which are such an important part of the image, don't have much color in them. The color seems to be in parts of the image that are not central, hence, distract me. Just my take on it. Again--lovely scene.

Jay Sheinfield
12-03-2012, 02:47 PM
Love the curving road, the trees, the fence. Wonderful composition. I want to drive down that lane. I'm not keen on the bleach bypass look because the trees, which are such an important part of the image, don't have much color in them. The color seems to be in parts of the image that are not central, hence, distract me. Just my take on it. Again--lovely scene.

Good take................working on it just to see how it looks