PDA

View Full Version : Bosque crane

allanrube
11-29-2012, 06:18 AM
I arrived at Bosque yesterday afternoon. Here is a crane shot from about 4:00. The light was looking nice. It was hard to isolate single cranes, I should always be that lucky.
Let me know and processing issues as I am using a laptop that I do not trust for color.
D800 with 600 and 14 tc 1/1250 at f5.6 iso 500

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1744"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Randy Stout
11-29-2012, 07:53 AM
Allan:

I like the pose, just enough bank to show both wings, feet out and neck angling down like he is looking for a spot to land.

Nice colors in the BG, perhaps a bit too bright overall.

The two issues that jump out are that the head/neck aren't sharp, and are slightly overexposed.

When you get home, I would have another go at the post processing.

Have a great time, look forward to more images.

Cheers

Randy

Shawn Zierman
11-29-2012, 11:13 AM
I love the pastel colors on this one....really pretty color wise.
There is noticeable motion blur on the subject, particularly noticeable
around the head (where I tend to look first with these types of images),
and I don't think you can USM your way past it on this one....A higher iso and
shutter speed would have been reasonable at the time of capture. There is
also a bit of another bird's claws coming into the frame at the top right hand
corner....

Stu Bowie
11-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Hi Allan, I like the curved body during flight, and the BG colours are awesome. The main issues already mentioned.

Miguel Palaviccini
11-29-2012, 12:02 PM
The colors of both the bg and crane are splendid. As mentioned, the head and neck are a bit oof. Do you have any more from the sequence? Would be great if you did!

John Cooper
11-30-2012, 01:22 AM
A lovely composition Allan with good flight posture against those beautiful warm tones in the BG. I agree that the head is a little soft.

allanrube
11-30-2012, 02:13 AM
Question - since the shoulders are in focus could it be that the problem with the head being soft is not a slow shutter speed but a lack of depth of filed? Just asking.

Thanks for the useful comments.

PhilCook
11-30-2012, 02:34 AM
A shame the head is not sharp, but do9 like the backdrop colours in this

Robert Holguin
11-30-2012, 02:47 PM
Very nice shot.
Wonderful background, very nice light, and excellent pose.
Nits already mentioned.
Well done.