PDA

View Full Version : Auditioning For The Circus - Bohemian Waxwing.

Daniel Cadieux
11-28-2012, 06:41 AM
Boy these guys offer fun poses to photograph! Here it kinda looks like a seal balancing a ball on its' nose:S3:. The original frame has the subject centered, so I extended the canvas top and right, cloned in some of the grass and BG that was on the left )plus worked on the seam), then re-cropped. The resulting dimensions are about FF equivalent. This is more than I am used to in processing so I am pleased with the result.

Canon 7D + 100-400L @400mm, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/1600s., f/7.1, ISO 800, natural light, handheld.

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1708"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Randy Stout
11-28-2012, 08:12 AM
Daniel:

Very charming! Perfect timing. The bird looks great. Any eye tweaking?

I can see the repeating pattern of grasses at the extreme frame edges. I wouldn't have noticed if you had mentioned it. Would be an easy fix to change on side just a sliver more.

I do like your revised comp, but could also see this as a vertical.

Cheers

Randy

Daniel Cadieux
11-28-2012, 08:23 AM
I can see the repeating pattern of grasses at the extreme frame edges. I wouldn't have noticed if you had mentioned it.

Well look at that! Thanks for pointing it out, will fix that for sure....

Shawn Zierman
11-28-2012, 11:42 AM
Very nice low angle and the berry in the beak adds a lot of interest and a little tension....drum roll please...
Do to the direction of the gaze, I also feel that a vert comp would have worked really well here, though
this is A-Okay as is. I like the diversity of scenarios you achieve and present from your shoots. It's obvious
you are always looking to broadly cover the subject...

Jack Breakfast
11-28-2012, 12:56 PM
Hi Daniel, this one is nice but to my taste lacks the va-va-voom that dripped from your previous shot. Thank heavens for subjectivity in art; otherwise many of us would be quite sunk! This photo is really quite good and if you had never posted the last one, I'd be singing the praises of this one. I'll echo SZ's comments above RE your breadth of coverage. It's the only way to do it!

Petros Petrou
11-29-2012, 12:33 AM
This is very nice. I like the way the bird pops up from the vegetation and the pose is unique!
I would consider eliminating the leaf just beside the bird on the right which seems to emerge
from nowhere. I guess its from the cloning process.

David Salem
11-29-2012, 04:09 AM
Cool shot Daniel. Fun shot of a waxwing doing its thing. Techs look great and I like the FG and BG. Nice and sharp too. Well done and lots of fun!