PDA

View Full Version : North Twin Island

mikedewitt
11-27-2012, 09:05 PM
I made this image last August on North Twin Island in the Apostle Island National Lakeshore here in WI.

The evening started with a very impressive seafood boil on the beach at Cat Island, then we jumped over to N. Twin for the sunset, a fire, and later, the Perseid Meteor shower. Zero light pollution. Awesome.

5DMKII, 17-40mm@17mm, 3.2s, f/22, ISO200

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1862"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Daniel Cadieux
12-03-2012, 06:37 PM
I like how you used the rocks as anchor points for the FG, and the sky/cloud/sun combo is very appealing. Nice aqua blue for the water. You do need to straighten the horizon though as it is slightly slanted downwards right to left.

Morkel Erasmus
12-05-2012, 04:57 AM
Nice calm mood here Mike. I like the strong FG anchor in the rocks and the glassy water.
I agree with the need for rotation/straightening. I also think you could boost saturation/vibrance a bit without losing the soft/calm feeling here. It's a bit flat IMHO. I would also look at evening out exposure on the rocks, as the front part seems lighter than the back part?

Marina Scarr
12-16-2012, 06:37 PM
Points above well made. Love the sky in this one and the FG rocks are very strong.