View Full Version : Steller's Jay

JessFindlay
11-22-2012, 07:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/votgF.jpg

Steller's Jay, Cyanocitta stelleri

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Canon 1DM4 | Canon 400mm f/5.6 | 1/250th | f/7.1| ISO 2000

Hi everyone,

I believe I've only posted here once or twice before but l'm excited to become a more active member this winter. By the looks of things, there are some very talented shooters on this forum. Looking forward to any feedback you're able to provide.

Thanks for looking!

- Jess Findlay

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1774"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

gail bisson
11-22-2012, 07:13 PM
Hi Jess,
Welcome to BPN!
This is just fantastic.
The perch, BG and IQ are visually stunning.
Love the HA and the raised crest and open beak.
Gail

Jim Crosswell
11-22-2012, 07:22 PM
I like the perch, pose, IQ, BG and composition. A real beauty Jess!

Melissa Groo
11-22-2012, 08:08 PM
That would be great if you would become a more active participant on here, Jess, it would be super to have you a part of the community. What a killer image this is. That perch, the blue and green together, the jay's open beak, the comp. This is an absolute knockout.
I highly recommend becoming a member; one of the benefits is that a thumbnail image shows up on the Avian page, and I really do think those get more looks/feedback.

Dan Busby
11-22-2012, 08:20 PM
Hey Jess - that's a grand entrance to BPN! Fantastic image that has all the elements - great IQ, perfect head angle, added action with the tail, mouth and crest, and a gorgeous background and perch. Very nicely done.

jack williamson
11-22-2012, 08:42 PM
Welcome Jess, this is an excellent image. Everything sharp and a perfect exposure and composition.

Marina Scarr
11-22-2012, 10:14 PM
It's nice to see you posting on BPN, Jess, and you sure introduced yourself with a stellar image! Love the light, the colors, the perch and calling pose. Terrific details in your feathers. It all came together very nicely. Looking forward to seeing more of yours images on BPN.

Raymond Lee
11-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Nice capture Jess! Saw this photo on your Flickr account awhile back and favourited it! It has a great composition, perch, lighting, and sharp details!

Satish Ranadive
11-23-2012, 07:50 AM
Welcome Jess,This is fabulous image.
Love the beautiful calling pose,colors,details,crest and lovely perch with moss.
Very nice composition.

Regards,
Satish.

Stu Bowie
11-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Hiss Jess, a big welcome to BPN, and a place to share and learn with others. Very well timed to capture this pose with the open bill and raised crest. Both exposure and sharpness spot on, and just love the colours on this species. Love the moss covered perch, and the BG is a killer.

Looking forward to your participation, and remember to comment on other members images too. :w3