PDA

View Full Version : Hare hideout

Krijn Trimbos
04-25-2008, 10:55 AM
Again sorry for my lack of participation everyone. Am trying to be around as much as possible, but am overloaded with fieldwork...From June onwards I will have more time to comment on all the pictures here.

Anyway this one is from Friesland, every now and so often you bump into something to photograph during fieldwork. This hare was very relaxed, while they normally run away at the moment you come close, this one obviously noticed me but stayed put. I got away with a few shots of this hare in his/her natural hideout.

Canon EOS 30D 1/640 f8 Manual
ISO 400
Canon 300mm f2.8 L USM + 2x Converter
RAW

peter delaney
04-25-2008, 11:20 AM
love this shot ...great angle ...pin sharp ...nice OOF FG... only nit for me is maybe a little more head room ..otherwise ..great image...

Jasper Doest
04-25-2008, 12:11 PM
Lovely angle on this one buddy! Good to see you're making good use of that 300! I agree that i

Jasper Doest
04-25-2008, 12:11 PM
Lovely angle on this one buddy! Good to see you're making good use of that 300! I agree that it is a bit tight around the head....it could use some more space on the left, so that it would be more balanced.

Robert Amoruso
04-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Krijn,

I like how you laid this one out with the big OOF FG and tight crop on the top. Makes you feel you are right in the grass with him. I would agree with Jasper that more room on the left for the virtual body would be a plus.

The green is eye popping and the bunny stands out so well. Great image.

Van Hilliard
04-25-2008, 03:05 PM
Beautiful image. I love it as is. The oof background and foreground frame the hare perfectly. great angle of view.

Fabs Forns
04-25-2008, 04:15 PM
Priceless!! I'm a big fan of OOF vegetation, and this is the poster for the style :)

Alfred Forns
04-25-2008, 04:26 PM
Agree with suggestions !!! This image just brings good feelings Got to love that look !!! Very special !!!!

Steve Maxson
04-25-2008, 07:53 PM
I like it as presented. Adding more room on the left, IMO, would push the head toward the center and give the image a completely different look. :)

Steve Canuel
04-25-2008, 09:44 PM
Nice sharp subject. I personally find the amount of OOF foreground grass a bit overpowering (obviously I'm in the minority here) and would've chosen more of a pano look with just slightly more OOF foreground than BG.
Steve

Vincent Grafhorst
04-26-2008, 02:08 AM
Love it Krijn, it looks comical to me in a way, nice work! If I were to print this I would be tempted to crop a bit of the bottom.

Krijn Trimbos
04-26-2008, 02:22 AM
Hi people,
Thanks for all your input and positive comments. The original had more room on top and left, the reason for me cropping it like this is as steve said to get the hare out of the centre. In this way the hares head is almost on a 1/3 2/3 junction. Probably giving it a bit more room on top and left would result in a shot with the eye on that 1/3 2/3 junction which would be theoretically perfect I guess. In any case I have tried both versions and for some reason liked this one better. I will post the other version here today.

Thanks again for the critique,

Cheers,

Krijn

Krijn Trimbos
04-26-2008, 05:29 AM
Here's a repost, please let me know which one you prefer...:)

Kaushik Balakumar
04-27-2008, 04:22 AM
tack sharp image. liked the way u hav isolated the subject. personally, regarding the composition, i liked the re-post with some room on top & left.