PDA

View Full Version : Out of the Box Image of the Week for the week ending November 2nd, 2012: Dennis Bishop - Burning Bush Blur

Daniel Cadieux
11-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Congratulations Dennis!

This is from an in-camera blur that's been waiting four years to be processed. (No, I'm not catching up. Much to the contrary, actually.) Since starting to work on this a couple days ago, I've been wondering whether it really needed any post-processing, at all. Somewhere in the distant past, I had an ancestor in the hills of West Virginia. Family lore has it that he didn't have a first name for several years. Finally, because he kept tinkering around with things, he was named Tinker. If it is true, I must've gotten an overdose of his genes because I just couldn't post this image without doing something to it.

Nikon D2X, ISO 100, f/7.1, 1/10 sec, 105mm macro lens

post-processing

Adobe Camera Raw -- Temperature, Tint, Clarity, Saturation, and Luminance
rotated 180 degrees for composition
Flypaper Textures -- two different textures, one at Color blend mode, the other at Soft Light
Joel Olives Texture -- Screen blend mode
duplicate of background layer at low opacity
Vibrance adjustment layer
Nik Color Efex -- Darken/Lighten Center, Vignette (purple)
Fractalius -- Embo at Normal blend mode, Glow100 at Screen blend mode, both at very low opacity and gradient masked with highest visibility at top
Fractalius -- two B&W presets based on the old Sketch, both blurred and Multiply blend mode
Alien Skin Snap Art -- Stylize Line Art (turquoise), two layers at Multiply blend mode, one blurred
background and texture layers stamped and flipped horizontally, low opacity
Photo Filter adjustment layer -- green, gradient masked with highest visibility at top
olive green border, Luminosity blend mode

Cheryl Slechta
12-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Dennis, this is a wonderful image. Congratulations:S3:

denise ippolito
12-05-2012, 12:51 PM
So beautiful Dennis! Congratulations.:S3:

Indranil Sircar
12-15-2012, 10:20 AM
Congratulations Dennis, Lovely blur and an awesome processing :S3: