PDA

View Full Version : Common Crow

PRABIR BHATTACHARYYA
11-19-2012, 09:55 AM
A Common Crow, shot in a village in West Bengal, India.

50D, Tamron 70-300mm VC
1/800s
f/5.6
ISO-800
Pattern
0 Ev
Handheld, Mid-day sunny

Thanks a lot for C&C.

<iframe width="468" scrolling="no" height="60" frameborder="0" style="border:none;" border="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=2243" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0"><p>Your browser does not support iFrame.</p></iframe>

Steve Maxson
11-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Hi Prabir. It looks like you found a perfect specimen giving you a nice pose. I like the sharpness and detail in the browns (except at the very top of the forewing - you might try some additional selective sharpening in that area). The whites are looking a little hot on my monitor - and the whole image looks a bit bright. You might try darkening the image by, say, 1/3 stop to see if you like that better. You might also consider removing the OOF orange blob on the left side of the frame as it is drawing my eye. You have the makings of a fine image and I think a few tweaks will make it shine! :S3:

Allen Sparks
11-21-2012, 02:05 PM
Nice pose you caught with alot of good details shown. Steve gives alot of good tips. I especially agree with toning the brightness down some including the brighter spots in the background.

Bob Miller
11-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Hi prabir...I really like the butterfly. It has good sharpness and dof. ....but your bg is too busy

bhavya joshi
11-27-2012, 02:49 AM
Nice DOF and Well patterns wings images. love the pose and composition.. beautifully captured... Thanks for sharing.

Jonathan Ashton
12-03-2012, 03:25 AM
Very nice shot, I like the composition, I agree the highlights are a little too bright, I am referring to the whites the flower and the background. Although I personally do not find the stems in the background troublesome you could reduce the contrast there by brushing over that area.

OvidiuCavasdan
12-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Good looking BF, good details in the browns, agree about whites being too bright. Left half of the BG is a bit distracting. Did you tried other settings? Meaning smaller aperture and slower shutter speed...Dont know if ithis was possible but I'm thinking also about a lower angle and maybe moving the camera to the left, for trying to get more dof coverage and a cleaner BG. Still a good image.