PDA

View Full Version : I'm Into You

Cheryl Arena Molennor
11-17-2012, 10:01 PM
Shot this past spring at Ft DeSoto. This guy was doing his best to court this lady and succeeded a few frames later:S3: BTW I added a catchlite can you gues which one? Slight beach cleanup very little crop
Canon 1DmIII
300 mm 2.8L with 2X
ISO 320 f14 @1/640

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1799"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Jon Rista
11-17-2012, 10:24 PM
Very cute. :) Great shot...low angle is superb here, and the background is great! Exposure is good...the highlights on their breasts look a little bright, and might stand a little more recovery or burning. I love the sheen on the edges of their wings...wonderful!

Regarding the catchlight, I'd guess the bird on the right was the one you added it to. Given the angle of the shadows, the position of the catchlight in the left hand birds eye feels more correct...the one in the bird to the right feels like it is too far towards the upper front corner of the eye, when it should probably be more towards the upper back corner of the eye.

Grace Scalzo
11-17-2012, 10:25 PM
I am pretty into this photograph! Perfect shooting angle, great techs, and of course the interaction is sweet.

Marina Scarr
11-17-2012, 10:25 PM
I think I recognize these birds, Cheryl. Really like their proximity here and the affection they are expressing for one another. I would have to say you added the catch light to the bird on the right. That said, had you not mentioned the fact that you added a CL, I would not known. So kudos on a good job.

Karl Egressy
11-17-2012, 10:45 PM
Great action shot, Cheryl. The cuteness factor is quite high in the image. I really love this interaction image.

Raymond Lee
11-17-2012, 10:49 PM
Great shot Cheryl! Nicely composed! Both birds are perfectly sharpened and the head angles are great. I really love their beak position. I think both the blacks and whites are pretty good. The whites on their breast may be bright, but I don't think it's blown-out (based on my calibrated monitor), so you can probably leave it the way it is.

Tim King
11-18-2012, 12:03 AM
Nicely exposed and framed. I like the interaction. Fine job.

Stu Bowie
11-18-2012, 12:21 AM
Hi Cheryl, well exposed on both Terns, especially the blacks, and I like the low perspective and central placement. As the light is from your left, I think you added the catchlight to the Tern on ther right. :w3

John Cooper
11-18-2012, 12:31 AM
A magic moment well captured Cheryl- I love the pose of these 2 terns with raised crests - and the soft blue water BG is a wonderful back-drop to this courting pair!

Satish Ranadive
11-18-2012, 02:51 AM
Wonderful moment captured.Great exposure and low angle.
Love the very nice details in colors,poses of both terns and hair do.Beautiful composition too.

Regards,
Satish.

Melissa Groo
11-18-2012, 08:45 AM
Love this, Cheryl. The poses are so sweet, you have a great view of the eyes, and I like the open bill and its shadow a lot. Super low angle, and love the ocean behind. Great exposure.

gail bisson
11-18-2012, 09:30 AM
Cheryl,
You are posting some great images.
I love the interaction and the low POV.
Excellent IQ as well.
I would never have been able to tell there was a catchlight added but now that I know it must be the right tern,
Gail

Arno Ellmer
11-18-2012, 10:35 AM
Superb, Cheryl ! I just love the pose of this pair , the lovely colours and the serene bg. The almost symmetrical tails and the perfect HA of both ,adds greatly to this awesome image . Catchlight added to right eye ... ( well executed !)

Frank Schauf
11-18-2012, 10:53 AM
Nice composition and excellent expsoure control and sharpness.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
11-18-2012, 12:55 PM
Thanks everyone and yes the majoriity wins on the catchlight guess and I'm glad to see I did good with it too :)

gareth thomson
11-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Great work - for all the reasons given above. What appeals to me besides the sweet moment, is the simplicity of the image in terms of tone and line and symmetry. Makes for a great composition.

arash_hazeghi
11-18-2012, 03:01 PM
very sweet interaction Cheryl! love this one

Robert Holguin
11-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Wonderful image.
Love the interaction and the angles of both terns. Exposed very well, nice details, and terrific comp.
Well done.