PDA

View Full Version : Paynes Prairie #2

Cheryl Slechta
11-15-2012, 08:23 PM
My second image from Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park. This was a straight pan blur, cropped.
Thanks for looking.:S3:

Dennis Bishop
11-15-2012, 11:51 PM
I like the panoramic crop on this. With the depth in the scene, the blur is much stronger in the foreground, and that's very effective. There's great contrast in the colors, as well.

Jay Sheinfield
11-16-2012, 07:26 AM
This is really good. Reminds me of some of my drives across Kansas and beyond. Agree on the pan frame, it works great.

denise ippolito
11-16-2012, 09:27 AM
Cheryl, nice pano crop. The blur adds a nice softness!

Dennis Bishop
11-16-2012, 11:01 AM
. . . With the depth in the scene, the blur is much stronger in the foreground, and . . .

When I looked at this last night, the blur seemed stronger in the foreground. However, when I thought about that from a theoretical standpoint this morning, I wondered if distance would really make that much difference in the amount of blurring. I may have to set up an experiment to see if that makes sense, or not. Do you recall how far out you focused and if the depth of field would've encompassed the entire scene?

Cheryl Slechta
11-16-2012, 12:05 PM
Dennis, that's an interesting question. I went back to DPP and checked the AF point. It was in front of the foreground (it was a fairly large crop from the bottom) and I was at f/22. Hopefully that helps.:S3:

Judy Howle
11-16-2012, 04:59 PM
Just the right amount of blur and the pano crop really work well here. I like the colors too.