PDA

View Full Version : Egrets in the yard!

Richard Unsworth
11-15-2012, 02:59 PM
:S3:
Captured in the backyard this morning.

The Cattle Egret is common here and pretty widespread on the earth, but they are quite lovely aren't they?

This sis cropped from horizontal but was pretty close. I have pulled down curve and light burn to brightest areas but I was pleased with the exposure. After reading more on BIF techniques by Jim Neiger and others I already see the improvements to IQ and focus - in short my camera settings were not correct for best BIF.

7D 100-400 F8 1/640 ISO 640 SERVO AF (SLOW)!! manual exp

Hope you like:S3:

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1708"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Richard Stern
11-15-2012, 05:21 PM
I'd be interested to see if Jim Neiger comments. Personally I like the exp. and the crop. I don' think te whites look too bright. It almost looks as if the bird were jumping off a perch to catch something, and the purposeful look is nice. There's a bright spot on the foot which is a bit distracting.

Richard

Richard Unsworth
11-15-2012, 05:44 PM
Hi Richard
thanks

Things I did was to change focus to SLOW
used f8
the difference in acquiring target is very noticeable
I have been photoing Red Kites today at long distance and the sharpness and focus is way better!
Looking forward to getting some great BIFs now

Alan Murphy
11-15-2012, 06:39 PM
Sweet habitat and flight pose. Image looks a little noisy to me.

christopher galeski
11-16-2012, 06:49 AM
good capture,like the pose,head angle magic,agree on the image a bit noisey.thanks.

Daniel Cadieux
11-16-2012, 10:17 AM
I like the comp, pose, BG. i agree there is some noise here on the whites...

Glad your settings tweak has improved your keeper rate!