PDA

View Full Version : Another Fall Scene

Roman Kurywczak
11-14-2012, 04:28 PM
Just got power back here in NJ on Saturday and have been away on a few speaking engagements....so sorry for lack of participation. This was from a few days before Sandy hit from a local park.
Canon 1D Mark 3 with the 17-40mm lens at f/16 for 2.5 sec. and ISO 200 tripod mounted with Graf Studioball head. Saved at 71Q to fit.
Just like in the previous post.....water has the rusty dead leave color that was present.

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1804"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Rachel Hollander
11-16-2012, 06:16 PM
Hi Roman - Beautiful fall colors and the ss is just right for the water. I feel like it needs some cw rotation as the trees in the bg are all leaning a bit and I think the water looks like it is flowing at an angle. I do realize though that if you correct it then you will completely throw off the comp.:eek3: So not sure what I would do in this instance.

TFS,
Rachel

Roman Kurywczak
11-17-2012, 11:08 AM
Thanks Rachel,
believe it or not.....they were leaning that way due to s slope as I had the bubble level in the hot shoe....so wondering if anyone else felt that it was leaning as I was :)

Jay Sheinfield
11-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Hi Roman, I like the diagonal of the trees, the rock and the spray of water. I'm not really a landscape person, but I may have opted to open the shadows areas at the base of the rock and FG water, and then perhaps an inch or so off the top to place the rock higher in the frame. Just my two cents..............In any case I think it's a cool shot.

Jerry van Dijk
11-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Hi Roman, this is a very strong composition and has been executed perfectly. I keep wondering whether you have but that branch with leaves there on the rock or whether it was actually growing/lying there. I think this would be over the top if the flowing water was blurred a little more.

Don Lacy
11-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Wonderful image Roman, I love the design of it from the wonderful S curve of the water to the rock anchoring the image, I do wonder about the leaves on top of the rock if found as is what great luck if placed excellent artistic vision.

Jim Michael
11-17-2012, 05:38 PM
Hi Roman. That's a beautiful fall scene. Try this color adjustment - +15 cyan +17 blue.

Roman Kurywczak
11-17-2012, 06:31 PM
Hey All,
Jim.....I tried your correction....it works but the water had a brownish/rusty leaf tint.....so it took too much away. I do like what it did to the rocks and leaves....so may just go that route. That branch was not there.....i took a bunch of images without it.....felt it left too much negative space. so somehow :) .....it wound up there!

Judy Howle
11-18-2012, 04:31 PM
I love the composition Roman! The water flow looks good and the color is nice.

Morkel Erasmus
12-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Nice arrangement of compositional elements here, Roman, and pleasing fall colours. I don't mind the leaning trees as the slope is evident from your image.
:5

PS: might be worth opening up the deepest shadows in the FG rocks a bit?