PDA

View Full Version : Lone Tree in the Rain

Judy Howle
11-14-2012, 02:22 PM
This is one of the few photos I made in Cades Cove in the Smoky Mountains of TN due to the rain, but one of my favorites of the trip. Processed with Lightroom and Nik Silver Efex 2.
5D Mk II, 24 - 105 lens, f8, 1/160s, ISO 400.

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=2098"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Roman Kurywczak
11-14-2012, 04:16 PM
Hey Judy,
Love the lines and effective comp. I even like the textures/grittiness! Will take some work....but would tweak the tree some more or try to darken the bright area.....just a touch.....I like it but want the tree to pop a bit more. Make sense? Sorry haven't been around for a while but just got power Saturday and have been away on speaking engagements.....hope to be around a bit more now.

Judy Howle
11-14-2012, 07:40 PM
Thanks Roman. I am glad that you got power back on, I didn't know you lived in that area till now.

I'm not sure what you mean, do you mean tone down the sky or make the tree darker? I have 2 previous similar versions I can check when I know exactly what you mean.

Roman Kurywczak
11-15-2012, 08:43 AM
Hey Judy, I was thinking trying to lighten the tree trunk.....so it had a similar texture/look as the grass.....and then toning down the light area.....not much as I said originally as I like the way it frames the tree.

Rachel Hollander
11-16-2012, 06:18 PM
Hi Judy, I think I recognize those trees. I like the tonal effect you used here. Good suggestions by Roman for taking it up a notch.

TFS,
Rachel

Jerry van Dijk
11-17-2012, 02:35 PM
Hi Judy, I just love everything about this image! Composition is very strong with the leading lines of the fence and those maginificent trees. The foreboding wheather provided an excellent and interesting canvas. The B/W treatment fits the mood very well. Very well done!

Don Lacy
11-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Hi Judy, wonderful composed image with great mood, well done

Morkel Erasmus
12-03-2012, 09:05 AM
I love the comp and look/feel here Judy. Roman's made some good suggestions to bring some more out of the tree.
I was away on safari and am back in full force now...:e3