PDA

View Full Version : BROWN PELICAN

gary ellwein
11-12-2012, 10:09 PM
In Sept. I had a morning on the northern Calif. coast near Crescent City. The day was clear with a thin costal fog. In the submitted image I tried to incorperate beach , surf, and costal hills. Nikon D3s, Nikkor 200-400, f5.6, 1/1600, iso 800, manual, hand held. IN PP a wing shadow was removed from the bill and a human from the surf line. I wanted to include the horizon, resulting in a squarish crop. Being from the high desert of Idaho, this was a new species and enviornment. C &nC appreciated.

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1652"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Vivaldo Damilano
11-13-2012, 04:39 AM
Fantastic banking pose, well done. I like the vertical comp and space. A slightly tighter crop would also work very nicely.

Daniel Cadieux
11-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Works well for me too. The habitat is beautifully included, well seen!!. I could see about half the space at bottom removed and perhaps a bit more added above. A slight CCW rotation could be needed - the beach line looks straight but the actual horizon seems tilted. A bit more sharpening to the pelican would be good for web presentation. very nice pose and I like the foggy look to the BG.

gary ellwein
11-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Daniel and Vivaldo thanks for the look and suggestions . In the redo a bit of sky is added to the top, sand removed from the bottom, the far surf line used as the horizon and additional sharpening applied to the pelican . I like it, thanks.

Robert Holguin
11-14-2012, 12:59 AM
Terrific shot!!
Love the pose and the background. Nice details and terrific comp.
Repost looks very good.
Well done.

Satish Ranadive
11-14-2012, 10:21 AM
Excellent image.Very nice banking pose captured.Re post looks better.Love the the colors,sharpness,background and composition.

Regards,
Satish.