PDA

View Full Version : Another pose of Jewel Beetle.

Satish Ranadive
11-12-2012, 08:37 AM
I was taking the pictures of birds and used the same settings for beetle initially, the moment I saw it.
Tail end has got blurred. I liked its colors so much; I thought to share it.
Cropped and sharpened. Lots of thin bark flacks around the legs has been removed.

ISO: 400, 1/500 @ F: 8.0.Evaluating metering. Exposure bias: +0.7.
White balance: Auto. HH. Canon: 550D, 400mm.

Thanks for viewing and appreciation. C & C are highly appreciated.
Kind Regards.

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1778"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Jonathan Ashton
11-13-2012, 02:50 PM
It's a lovely shot Satish, now the next thing I have to do is convince you to use a tripod - it is your best friend! If you had used the tripod you would have slowed down checked focus and DOF and gone for f11!!:w3
He is a cute fella isn't he - did you get any shots of him climbing up or going down the stem? Always worth a try with a subject like this - get a few shots and then see what you might be able to do to optimise the opportunity - he really is beautiful but stuck on top of that particular twig/stem is not ideal. Also look out for better stems and consider transferring him to that one, once you have your initial shot. For good focus I think you needed to move anticlockwise - round to the left a little.

Steve Maxson
11-14-2012, 12:02 PM
Hi Satish. This is an exceptionally colorful beetle! Good sharpness within your DOF and I like the clean background (though the greens look a little oversaturated on my monitor). Jon has some very good suggestions above so I won't repeat. You might crop some from the left so that the beetle is not so centered in the frame. Overall, this is well done!

Jerry van Dijk
11-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Hi Satish, this is such a lovely beetle! I'm not too bothered by the shallow DOF, details and colors are stunning, but I think the position on thop of he stem is not ideal.

PRABIR BHATTACHARYYA
11-18-2012, 11:47 AM
Satish, a very nice work. I also wouldn't bother about part of the tail getting OOF.
I am liking the color rendition a lot.
Overall, liked a lot.

OvidiuCavasdan
12-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Colors are very nice , esp the metalic green, Bg looks good. Dof is not bothering me. Some good points to consider in the comments above.

Satish Ranadive
12-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Thank you all for your nice comments and valuable suggestions.Will implement them in further macro photography.

Regards,
Satish.