PDA

View Full Version : Restful Langur.

bhavya joshi
11-08-2012, 08:36 AM
Indian Langur or Grey Langur most commonly seen in INDIA
This was shot at early morning when This buddy resting on Rocks watching others monkey curiously.

Convert into B/W. Some Basic Post processing work.

Positive negative Suggestion Appreciate
With Canon 550D-18-55mm
F: 5.6
ISO:400
SS:1/1000s, Handheld.

Thanks.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/302767_532124843484243_915135459_n.jpg

<iframe width="468" scrolling="no" height="60" frameborder="0" style="border:none;" border="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=2065" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0"><p>Your browser does not support iFrame.</p></iframe>

Marina Scarr
11-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Absolutely love the back lighting effect of this one and your conversion to B&W makes it a powerful image for me.

Rachel Hollander
11-08-2012, 09:54 AM
I agree, very nice effect with the backlighting and the b&w conversion. I do think there are some details in the shadows on the face and chest though that are worth extracting just a bit. Try bringing the midtone slider to the left in levels to around 1.10 or 1.15. After that I would then dodge the shadows on the face a slight bit more. It will still have the air of mystery but a bit more definition. Also, I would suggest editing your post to change the typeface to black. The white is very difficult to read. I wound up selecting it to be able to do so.

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
11-08-2012, 02:53 PM
I agree, very nice effect with the backlighting and the b&w conversion. I do think there are some details in the shadows on the face and chest though that are worth extracting just a bit. Try bringing the midtone slider to the left in levels to around 1.10 or 1.15. After that I would then dodge the shadows on the face a slight bit more. It will still have the air of mystery but a bit more definition. Also, I would suggest editing your post to change the typeface to black. The white is very difficult to read. I wound up selecting it to be able to do so.

TFS,
Rachel

Rachel summed up my thoughts exactly. I like the mood you were going for but I feel it's too dark in the areas of the langur that matters.
Should be easy to extract some more detail - though you may have to do that before you convert to monochrome and add contrast...