ISO Speed Ratings = 400
Metering Mode = Pattern
Focal Length = 105mm
Sensing Method = One-chip color area sensor
Exposure Mode = Auto exposure
White Balance = Auto white balance
Focal Length In 35mm Film = 157mm
Lens = Nikkor 105.0 mm f/2.8

Somme ''wood shrooms'' from this autumn...

<iframe width="468" scrolling="no" height="60" frameborder="0" style="border:none;" border="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=2041" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0"><p>Your browser does not support iFrame.</p></iframe>

Marina Scarr
11-07-2012, 08:58 PM
I like the diagonal composition of the mushrooms and you seem to have good focus throughout. The textures of the bark work well with the soft feel of the mushrooms. I like seeing all the details under the mushrooms. To me your bark is looking a little oversharpened.

Bob Miller
11-07-2012, 11:32 PM
Adrian....i too like the exposure and composition.....whites look good .....bark does seem a bit oversharpened!

Jonathan Ashton
11-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Adrian the fungi are great, i would apply very little and possibly no sharpening to the bark, this is becasue it is complimentary to the subject and is merely a background.

Adrian David
11-08-2012, 03:38 PM
Thank you very much for the comments!
Jonathan, I understand your point of view. I didn't thought at the bark as a background...Interesting suggestion...Considering that the shrooms and the bark were about in the same focal plane, I have considered that it is natural for them to be at the same amount of sharpness...Here it is a different post-processing... Let me know what do you think about it...:S3:

Jonathan Ashton
11-09-2012, 04:12 AM
I much prefer the repost. When selectively sharpening like this I think it is fine for a subject such as mushrooms because the general intent is to show them to their best advantage.
Whilst this still holds with birds for example, you would also wish to retain a certain authenticity so in these cases by all means go selective in sharpening but don't forget there is a focal plane and elements in that focal plane would also be sharp.

Steve Maxson
11-10-2012, 10:58 AM
Hi Adrian. I really like the repost as it makes the mushrooms stand out as the center of interest. Nice job controlling the whites and I also like the diagonal comp. This is very nicely done!

Jerry van Dijk
11-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Very nice diagonal composition with the irregular shapes of the mushrooms adding interest. I actually like all the structure on the bark as a canvas for the shrooms. I do find the whites on the top shroom a bit too hot. There still is a small area that does not show any detail and is quite a bit brighter than its surroundings. Should be an easy fix with selective a exposure adjustment brush in ACR.