PDA

View Full Version : Hoopoe

Richard Unsworth
11-06-2012, 04:42 PM
:S3:
Hi

Alentejo, Ourique, Portugal

Close to sunset in the Montado; this chaplanded on a large dead tree I was sat waiting for the Kites that use as a viewpoint.

Just noise reduction, crop around 50, need to be ever closer!

In the morining I will waqit for the kite, stay tuned
7d 109-400 ISO 400 +.33 MANUAL EXP F 5.6 HH

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1708"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Raybel Robles
11-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Very nice bird.

2 things i noticed with the pic... there is a yellow patch in the bottom right corner i think you should clone it out. The most important of all the branch in the bottom piece seems to be extremely blurred. did you did it?

Alan Murphy
11-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Agree with the previous comment on the blurred areas. A killer bird. Wish for a less step angle.

Karl Egressy
11-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Great bird to have a pictore of. Nits mentioned already. I would add that the bird colud use one more round of sharpening, especially the head and beak, or it is just my monitor.

John Cooper
11-06-2012, 08:55 PM
A stunning looking bird Richard. Agree a little more sharpening on the subject is warranted. Blured spots bottom RH corner already mentioned.

Richard Unsworth
11-07-2012, 03:23 AM
Hi all

ha suffering on this laptop, need a WiFi mouse as touching up proving difficult.
Didnt blur that pesky branch and will disguise it :-)
re sharp - hear what you say. Have a good stream of pics btw.
want to get one of these with prey and/or raised crest, but heavy rain today :-(

Melvin Grey
11-07-2012, 08:42 AM
You did explain that it was only a chance shot while waiting for the Kite, Richard. They are beautiful birds but so-and-so's to get with that crest fully raised but Best of Luck for the future - and I hope the Kite eventually arrived!!!

Richard Unsworth
11-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Cheers Melvin

ok so I am putting up a repost where I have added more sharpening, removed bg spots and worked on that nasty blur
see what you think. Ill get into town, though I may need a boat its raining that hard.
The BWK is here and I am getting shots but I need to close down the distance on him. I am going to build a hide from an old ruin which is only a few metres from one of his lookout trees!

Ivan Ellison
11-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Like the repost much better. Great birds to see and catch- as you know hard to get their crests up. they seem to raise them as they land but only for a sec or two, Making me want to book a trip back there next spring.

Richard Unsworth
11-07-2012, 04:23 PM
Thx Ivan

cool, pay us a call,we can to IPN and get them Great Bustards

Jim Crosswell
11-07-2012, 07:02 PM
This is a bird that I must see one day. Repost looks better. Look forward to seeing more images and good luck with the raised crest!

Peter Dexter
11-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Wonderful shot, greaat lighting and I like the composition. I've certainly never seen this bird before. What a show stopper.