PDA

View Full Version : Tern Testing

Harold Davis
04-24-2008, 07:07 PM
went back out this afternoon to try to duplicate the same shot from tuesday, but with another lens and lower ISO. i think i managed what i was looking for. i still see the noise.

i processed this with capture nx. the only thing i did was crop, establish black and white control points, and sharpen the beak and eye. nothing else, no brightness, no contrast, nada. the crop is about the same as the last. around 15-20%.

does it look any different, better, worse than the last?

D300, 18-200VR at 170mm, f/5,6, 1/800s, 0EV, ISO 400

comments and critiques appreciated. thanks for all the help on this.

Gus Cobos
04-24-2008, 07:38 PM
Very little noise, but thats ok with me, you got yourself a mighty fine capture Mr. Harold..nice composition and whites on your bird love the baby blue sky...:D

Oscar Zangroniz
04-24-2008, 09:16 PM
Like this one better, looks a bit sharper.
Hope to see you this weekend.

Alfred Forns
04-25-2008, 07:20 AM
Hi Harold Noise wise it does look better particularly in the under wing area I think these type images depend on perfect light to make then shine. Not sure you could have done anything else different?

More light would have made the neck blow out and the wings still look a little dark My best for these birds are very late in the day or early morning with a good sun angle. The problem with the set up is we normally don't go after gulls in sweet light !!!! Do like it a lot and the elegant crop !!!

Nonda Surratt
04-25-2008, 11:45 AM
I guess I missed the first one.I do like the crop and the image. The bit of noise in the blue doesn't really bother me at all.