PDA

View Full Version : Crested Bunting: Female.

Satish Ranadive
11-05-2012, 08:01 AM
I imaged this female while feeding her chicks, few weeks back in the afternoon.
I feel sorry about perch. But could not help since, most of the time she perched on this railing pole (which is nearest point to her nest).
Width of the perch is reduced. Darken the prey. Cropped and sharpened.NR applied to BG.

ISO: 500, 1/640 @ F: 5.6.Evaluating metering. Exposure bias: +0.1.
White balance: Auto. HH. Canon: 550D, 400mm.

Thanks for viewing and appreciation. C & C are highly appreciated.
Kind Regards.

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1774"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Melissa Groo
11-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Nice capture of this female with her prey item, Satish. I might bring the brightness down a bit and I see some haloing around the right toenail.

Vivaldo Damilano
11-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Very nice image Satish, love the colors, prey and BG. Agree with halo and perch, well done.

Juan Carlos Vindas
11-05-2012, 06:46 PM
I like the pose and light. Nice to see the prey on bird's beak. You have mentioned the perch.

John Cooper
11-05-2012, 08:33 PM
A very nice pose of this Bunting Satish, and always a bonus to capture them with food. Did you try attaching a perch of your choice to the top of the post?

Daniel Cadieux
11-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Nice colours, comp, details. Prey item is bonus, you could tone it down a bit though. Pity about the perch. With an active nest nearby there is not much you can do...but next year it may be worth tying something pretty on it (before nesting season starts) to get her to perch on in case another nest gets built there..

Satish Ranadive
11-06-2012, 12:39 AM
Nice capture of this female with her prey item, Satish. I might bring the brightness down a bit and I see some haloing around the right toenail.

Thank you for the comments.In fact I forgot to mention there is bright spot at toenail which I did not darken properly.
Here is the image modified as per your suggestions.

Satish.

Satish Ranadive
11-06-2012, 12:44 AM
A very nice pose of this Bunting Satish, and always a bonus to capture them with food. Did you try attaching a perch of your choice to the top of the post?

Thank you for the nice comments.I was thinking to change the perch of choice,however I am not very good in PP.Honestly,I do not know no how to do it.
If you have any tutorial on it,will be helpful to me.

Regards,
Satish.

Satish Ranadive
11-06-2012, 12:49 AM
Nice colours, comp, details. Prey item is bonus, you could tone it down a bit though. Pity about the perch. With an active nest nearby there is not much you can do...but next year it may be worth tying something pretty on it (before nesting season starts) to get her to perch on in case another nest gets built there..

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Daniel Sir,
Thank you very much for your nice comments. Definitely I will try for better perch next year.

Regards,
Satish.

David Salem
11-06-2012, 01:14 AM
Cool shot. Nice to have the prey in its mouth. Exposed well and nice detail. I like the re-post and I dint mind the perch, part of life and where birds sometimes sit. Well done...

Stu Bowie
11-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Hi Satish, good detail on the bunting, sharp, showing good feather detail. Its always nice to see a catch in their beaks, and well done on your repost.