PDA

View Full Version : Smile Please: Dragon Fly.

Satish Ranadive
11-05-2012, 06:36 AM
ISO: 400, 1/1250 @ F: 5.6.Evaluating metering. Exposure bias: 0.0
White balance: Auto. HH. Canon: 550D, 400mm.

Thanks for viewing and appreciation. C & C are highly appreciated.
Kind Regards.

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1774"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Steve Maxson
11-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Hi Satish. Very nice light, good sharpness within your DOF, and a clean background. I don't know what the actual scene looked like, but on my monitor the image seems to have a bit of a yellowish cast. If this was mine, I'd be tempted to crop a little from the left and bottom - that's subjective so it will be interesting to hear what others have to say. :S3: Overall, this is very nicely done!

Marina Scarr
11-07-2012, 05:36 PM
Lovely details you acquired here, and the colors are great. Agree it may be a tad too yellow all around. I would personally try a small crop from top and left.

Satish Ranadive
11-08-2012, 03:53 AM
Steve, Marina:
Thanks a lot for the comments.
Background is half ripen crop of rice, which has both green and yellow leaves. That is there is yellowish cast.

Here is re post with crop.
Satish.

Marina Scarr
11-08-2012, 09:08 AM
I like this crop a little better b/c your subject isn't quite as centered. Still love all those fine details on the dragonfly's legs!!!

bhavya joshi
11-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Like the Crop image..Its good to see Yellowish and Greenish effect on Frame. BG is Great and Perch also.. Subject looks Soft to me. But Nicely Done. TFS

Jonathan Ashton
11-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Satish I think you have captured a pretty good image but the processing is a little awry in my opinion. The colours just don't look right to me the green/yellow elements are way OTT, I am not sure if something was obscuring the lower abdomen (??) it looks a little fuzzy. I also think you have over sharpened the abdomen and the wings, I can see a halo around them. I think the shot is good and it is worthwhile having another try.
(If I can be or further assistance you can PM or email me)